O Week: Getting to know each other
This week focuses on the students familiarising themselves with each other and staff. Read through the checklist and keep these actions in mind this week to help our commencing students start their FedUni journey in the best possible way!
Staff Action Checklist
- Create 'welcoming corridors' - acknowledge students, say hello, smile
- Wear your name badge, introduce yourself to students and start to learn student's names
- View the timetable of Orientation activities happening at your campus, attend relevant faculty sessions, and participate in informal get-togethers such as BBQs etc.
- Get to know the mentors and PASS leaders and encourage student interaction
- Promote relevant FedUni social media to students, and encourage students to join/follow up - remember to #FedUni
- If someone looks lost, ask if you can help