Family and domestic violence
Support is available at Federation University for staff experiencing family violence. We can offer assistance with leave provisions, workplace flexibility, referrals and other supports that may be required.
Any dealings with Human Resources staff remain strictly confidential, including details of the type of leave that may be accessed.
Staff may wish to refer to:
- The University’s family and domestic violence policy and procedure
- The University’s Union Enterprise Agreement (section 55.1) or the TAFE Staff Agreement (section 42) for guidance on leave provisions (login required)
External support, including crisis support
- The Orange Door (Victoria)
- Brisbane Domestic Violence Service (Queensland)
- Federation Employee Assistance Program helpline (see below)
Family violence helpline
Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential counselling and other supports for staff through a third party, Converge International.
Our EAP also provides a dedicated family violence helpline on 1300 338 465. Staff engaging with a helpline specialist may request the remainder of their sessions with the same or a different specialist.
For more information on the University’s EAP please visit 'Counselling and other support' on the Health and wellbeing web page.