Scholarship of Learning and Teaching (SoLT)
Have you ever wondered if your approach to teaching is the best fit for your intended learning outcomes? Ever wondered why, or how, your teaching impacts students, peers, the sector, or the community? Ever come away from a classroom or online encounter and think, what can I do better … why don’t’ they get it … that didn’t go as well as planned …? Do you have a recurring learning and teaching issue, problem or question you’d like to find a solution for or an answer too?
This is the essence of the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching (SoLT) – researching your learning and teaching practices. With literature identifying a strong link between teachers who actively undertake enhancements to their pedagogy and student retention, understanding how to build your research portfolio as a teacher-researcher impacts positively on all aspects of an academic career.
Federation University has a strong history of both scholarly teaching practice and SoLT research output. CLIPP support and promote a range of departmental and School research studies that enhance and advance contemporary learning and teaching practices, including:
- Online modules – Developed in 2018, there are currently six online self-paced modules that explore the fundamentals and frameworks of SoLT, and how to undertake a SoLT project. With two more under construction
that explore dissemination and recognition of SoLT studies.
- Virtual Symposium – Held at the end of each semester, Federation University staff have an opportunity to showcase their research of learning and teaching issues, problems and questions for the advancement of contemporary learning and teaching practices.
- Thursday 02 July 2020 at 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- Thursday 26 November 2020 at 1:30pm – 3:00pm
- Registration: Access the CLIPP Booking Page 2020 to register your attendance. Scroll to the section Learning & Teaching Events.
Contact Tulsa Andrews on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +61 3 5327 9654