As a ‘teaching excellence’ university, the DVC Academic Portfolio has developed the Federation University (FedUni) Teaching expectations for academic staff as a tool to support building, sustaining and demonstrating teaching excellence. The purpose of these standards is to support academic teaching staff with developing and demonstrating quality teaching environments and maximise student learning and engagement.
- Part A: Teaching Expectations for Academic Staff
- This document describes the minimum teaching expectations required of all academic staff to meet the requirements of satisfactory academic performance within the Performance Review and Development Process.
- Part B: Teaching Expectations for Academic Staff (Development Guidelines)
- This document describes the expectations on academic staff at all levels for teaching. It is of use to academics wishing to clarify teaching expectations for their level of appointment and staff wishing make a case for promotion in terms of teaching and learning.
These guidelines were collaboratively developed between:
- CLIPP Staff; Nina Fotinatos, Kellie Macneil, Sara Weuffen
- DVCA; Professor Andy Smith
- ADTQ; Associate Dean, Teaching Quality
- LTC, FedUni Learning and Teaching Committee between October 2017 and November 2018.
The guidelines also have received approval from LTC and Academic Board.
- AUTCS, 2014. Australian University Teaching Criteria and Standards Framework (Prof Denise Chalmers, 2014)
- Opportunity through online learning: improving student access, success and retention in online higher education (Dr Cathy Stone, 2016)
- Effective teaching and support of students from low socioeconomic status backgrounds: Practical advice for teaching staff (Prof Marcia Devlin, 2012)
- Australian Teacher Performance and Development Framework (Aug 2012)
- Federation University Australia, Union Collective Agreement, Schedule 4 (page 78)