Induction: Academic Induction Program
To provide introductory learning, teaching, research and administrative support to new academic staff at Federation University Australia.
Overview and dates
- Target group: Highly desirable for all new academic or teaching support staff. To be completed within the first semester of employment.
- Delivery mode: Blended (1 day workshop + online component)
- Time allocation: Overall 15 hours
- Breakdown: 7 hours face-to-face, and 8 hours online
- Online module: Completed within 4 weeks of workshop.
- Dates Offered (Semester 1, 2018):
- Berwick Campus Workshop - 14 February 2018
- Churchill Campus Workshop - 13 February 2018
- Mt Helen Campus Workshop - 15 February 2018
- Cost: Nil. Faculties will be reimbursed wages for sessional staff at the 'Other Required Academic Activity' rate, on completion of the program (limits apply).
Brief Introduction to:
- FedUni learning and teaching performance guidelines
- Dynamics of learning
- Learning and teaching in the tertiary environment
- Learning technologies for learning and teaching
- Assessment practices
- Resources to support students
- Resources to support staff
- Enhancing practice through review
Enrol via LimeSurvey for February workshops at Mt Helen, Churchill and Berwick
Maximum of 20 participants per intake
For any questions please contact Sharon Holden on or phone: (03) 5327 9383
Contact Tulsa Andrews within CLIPP via email or phone (03) 5327 9654