Academic Induction Program
The Academic Induction Program is a formalised support for higher education teaching staff new, or returning, to Federation University. All staff, whether sessional, contract or ongoing, are expected to complete this 15 hour blended program within their probation period.
Academic staff are provided with an introduction to:
- general and specific FedUni learning and teaching practices
- learning technologies to support BOLD initiatives
- support networks available for academic wellbeing and enhancing learning and teaching practices
- support networks available to aid student retention and success
- Target group: Mandated for all new, or returning, FedUni academic or teaching support staff. Completion preferable within the first semester of employment.
- Campus: Berwick, Brisbane, Churchill, Horsham and Mt Helen (pending numbers)
Time allocation: Overall: 15 hours: Breakdown: 7 hours face-to-face and 8 hours online. Online component to be completed within 4 weeks of workshop attendance.
- Facilitators: CLIPP, Library, School and department staff
- Cost: Nil. Schools will be reimbursed wages for sessional staff at the ‘Other Required Academic Activity’ rate, on completion of the program (limits apply).
|Scheduled dates – Semester 1, 2019||Scheduled dates – Semester 2, 2019|
|Tuesday 12 February - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Mt Helen campus||Tuesday 16 July - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Churchill campus|
|Wednesday 13 February - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Berwick campus||Wednesday 17 July - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Berwick campus|
|Thursday 14 February - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Churchill campus||Thursday 18 July - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Mt Helen campus|
|Tuesday 19 February - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Horsham campus||Wednesday 04 September - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Mt Helen campus|
|TBC - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Brisbane campus||Thursday 05 September - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Berwick campus|
|Thursday 04 April - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Berwick campus|
|Friday 05 April - 9:00am - 4:00pm - Mt Helen campus|
|Workshop - Activities and discussions related to:||Outline Units - Information related to:|
|Introduction to effective teaching practices||Introduction to FedUni L&T frameworks|
|Introduction to assessment||Introduction to FedUni L&T structures|
|Introduction to moderation and marking||Introduction to assessment practices|
|Introduction to Moodle||Introduction to learning and teaching practices|
|Navigating the AIP Moodle site||Introduction to student diversity and supports|
|Resources to support academic staff – library||Introduction to enhancing practice through review|
|Navigating the professional development webpage||Introduction to research|
|Continuing professional development|
- To register for one of these workshops, fill out this survey and complete your details.
- Maximum of 20 participants per intake. Minimum of 5 participants per intake to proceed.
- Participants will be contacted one week prior to the workshop with specific details of room location and map, workshop agenda and times and other relevant details.
- Download the Academic Induction Program flyer (pdf, 116kb)
- Contact Tulsa Andrews within CLIPP via email or phone (03) 5327 9654 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org