Academic Induction Program
The Academic Induction Program is a formalised support for higher education teaching staff new, or returning, to Federation University. All staff, whether sessional, contract or ongoing, are expected to complete this 15-hour blended program within their probation period.
Academic staff are provided with an introduction to:
- general and specific FedUni learning and teaching practices
- learning technologies to support BOLD initiatives
- support networks available for academic well-being and enhancing learning and teaching practices
- support networks available to aid student retention and success
- Target group: Mandated for all new, or returning, FedUni academic or teaching support staff. Completion preferable within the first semester of employment.
- Campus: Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, Wimmera and Mt Helen (pending numbers)
Time allocation: Overall: 15 hours: Breakdown: 7 hours face-to-face and 8 hours online. Online component to be completed within 4 weeks of workshop attendance.
- Facilitators: CLIPP, Library, School and department staff
- Cost: Nil. Schools will be reimbursed wages for sessional staff at the ‘Other Required Academic Activity’ rate, on completion of the program (limits apply).
|Available dates and times|
|Tuesday 29 October 2019 - 9:00am - 4:30pm - Brisbane Campus|
|Early 2020 - To be confirmed - Wimmera Campus|
|Workshop - Activities and discussions related to:||Outline units - Information related to:|
|Introduction to effective teaching practices||Introduction to FedUni L&T frameworks|
|Introduction to assessment||Introduction to FedUni L&T structures|
|Introduction to moderation and marking||Introduction to assessment practices|
|Introduction to Moodle||Introduction to learning and teaching practices|
|Navigating the AIP Moodle site||Introduction to student diversity and supports|
|Resources to support academic staff – library||Introduction to enhancing practice through review|
|Navigating the professional development web page||Introduction to research|
|Continuing professional development|
- To register for one of these workshops, fill out this survey and complete your details.
- Maximum of 20 participants per intake. Minimum of 5 participants per intake to proceed.
- Participants will be contacted one week prior to the workshop with specific details of room location and map, workshop agenda and times and other relevant details.