Updating your personal details

We recognise that staff may identify differently to the name and gender on legal documentation (e.g. birth certificate).

Staff seeking to update their details to better reflect their gender, culture and/or social identity on selected University systems should refer to the name and/or general change guidelines and submit a confidential request to Diversity and Inclusion.

Please note that due to legislative reasons some systems cannot be updated without legal documentation, for example payroll, tax and superannuation systems, so your legal name may still appear in some official correspondence.

Need to change your official details?

Staff seeking to update their personal details to align with official legal documents should complete a new personal details form and return it to payroll.  This form also lists the other documents required to support your request.

Can I change my preferred name?

Your preferred name is a first name commonly used that differs from your legal first name, and the answer is yes!

To update your preferred name in Teams and on your staff card without updating your name officially, simply email your request to payroll@federation.edu.au.