Key policy management roles
The responsibility of governance document management across the University is implemented by the following:
The Document Owner is responsible for
- Oversight of the drafting of the governance document.
- Managing governance document compliance.
- Monitoring the relevance of the governance document to the needs of the University.
- Ensuring that policies are reviewed at least every five years, procedures every three years and manuals and work instructions annually.
- Creating and implementing strategies for the communication and education of the governance document.
- Ensuring that the governance document content is consistent and up to date with other related governance documents.
- Being the contact person for enquires relating to the content of the governance document.
- Implementing the governance document.
- Proposing amendments or reviews.
The Approval Authority is responsible for
Final approval of the content of:
- new governance documents
- major amendments to an existing governance document
- the rescission of an existing governance document
The PAMS System Administrator is responsible for
- Maintaining the University's Policy library and the policy website.
- Providing advice and support to Document Owners on the governance document development process, ensuring the governance document style and format is appropriate and recommending the most appropriate approval pathway.
- Reviewing governance document approval forms in order to ensure consistency between the governance document and any related governance documents, relevant legislation, statutes, regulations and Approval Authorities.
- Monitoring compliance with the governance document development and review process and categorising the structure of governance document within the seven policy domains.
- Publishing approved governance documents in the Policy Library.
- Advising Document Owners when a governance document is due for review in accordance with the review strategy.
- Providing regular status reports to Committees.
The Policy Writer is responsible for
- Providing assistance and advice on governance document writing and development, including content and how it relates to other documents.
- Providing advice and support to Document Owners on the governance document development process, ensuring the style and format is appropriate and consistent.
- Assisting in identifying policy gaps.
- Draft governance documents as required for approval.