Social media is a very powerful – and public – form of communication. Think before you post.
- A balance of entertaining and informative posts is good.
- Always be relevant.
- Separate your personal opinions from your professional role.
- Only comment on issues within your area of expertise.
- Don’t rely solely on social media to communicate urgent or important messages.
- Use an informal, friendly and conversational voice.
- Be polite.
At FedUni we encourage the use of social media - for advertising, collaborating, celebrating and chatting. To ensure best-practice and legal compliance, staff are required to read the Social Media Policy, the Social Media Procedure and the Social Media Manual (pdf, 624 kb).
Queries should be forwarded to the Social Media team.