Week 5: Getting involved
This week aims to get students more thoroughly involved with their study and campus opportunities.
Staff action checklist
- Encourage students to join clubs or societies of interest to them.
- Direct students to speak to staff in the student experience office: http://federation.edu.au/current-students/life-on-campus/getting-involved
- Provide students with networking opportunities relevant to your area of expertise.
- Promote relevant professional groups that you are aware of.
- Advertise and organise LSA help or online support for assignments if required
- Ensure assessment requirements and other marking guides are clear and available to students in advance of due dates
- Promote time management and goal setting available on studyskills website: http://studyskills.federation.edu.au/category/managing-your-study/
- Promote PASS (where available)
- Promote Library Subject Guides, a one-stop-shop for the subject areas.