PASS program: Join a study group for your course
Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) offer a fun, informal study environment, so that you can get the most out of your course.
PASS sessions are facilitated by experienced students (PASS leaders) and offer a relaxed peer environment, where students can consolidate their understanding of the course content and develop their study skills. PASS is usually attached to courses that can be challenging for students. Many of these courses are core first year courses students encounter in the first and second semester of their transition to university life.
What can you expect from PASS?
In PASS you will...
- Be a valued member of your PASS group
- Learn from a student who has been through the course before
- Work with a group of fellow students to improve understanding of course material
- Have the chance to ask questions that may seem silly, in a relaxed environment
- Have access to more study materials, such as past exams or mock exam questions
- Make friends and have fun!
Your PASS leader...
- Is an experienced student
- Relays tips on their effective study skills for your discipline
- Assists you in working out what to learn as well as how to learn it
- Plans and facilitate activities which aim to encourage collaborative learning
- Models relevant critical thinking and problem solving techniques
- Will empower you to become an independent learner
How do I attend PASS?
Just join a TEAMS meeting! Once you know when a PASS session is running (see the timetable above, or check Allocate+ and / or your course Moodle shell) you simply join the meeting at the right time. There is no enrolment or registration required. You can even attend multiple sessions in a week.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 333 864 for any enquiries.