Prepare for study with FedReady
What is FedReady?
FedReady is a short, non-award course (you will not be formally assessed and you cannot fail!) to help you develop the academic skills you need to get started at University. FedReady covers a range of topics, from how to manage your time to writing and submitting assessment tasks. While you will not be formally assessed, you will have the opportunity to get individual feedback on your current skills, and be given strategies for how to improve your academic skills based on your specific needs.
FedReady is also a great way for continuing students to brush up on or polish their academic skills, get organised, and get back into studying before the semester officially commences. FedReady is a completely free course and open to all students enrolled in a higher education degree at our FedUni campuses.
Topics covered during FedReady
- Preparing and writing assignments
- Using and citing references
- Understanding the University library
- Using the University computers and Moodle (the learning management system)
- Managing your study load and other commitments
- How to think critically
We offer our FedReady course in two convenient modes. Choose the most appropriate course delivery from the options below.
- Where: Face-to-face delivery mode at Mt Helen, Gippsland and Berwick campuses.
- Time commitment: Full time, Monday-Friday the week before orientation every semester (February and July).
- Timetable: 9.30am - 3.00pm Monday-Friday, session times to be confirmed
The next FedReady On-campus is running: Monday 17th February - Friday 21st February, 2020
We recommend that students attend all sessions. However, if you have studied before or feel confident with some topics, you can pick and choose which sessions you wish to attend. The full course runs for approximately 30 hours over the week.
- Where: Fully online, in a facilitated mode (tutor support is offered throughout the entire course).
- Time commitment: 2 weeks part-time, or approximately 30 hours in total.
The next FedReady Online is running: Monday 10th February - Friday 21st February, 2020
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 333 864 for any enquiries.