Week 7: Reward yourself
This week looks at the importance of recognising your own achievements, how far the student has come, and congratulating them on their accomplishments thus far.
Staff action checklist
- Congratulate students on commitment and hard work
- Remind them to use this reward as motivation to continue the hard work
- Remind students of FedUni opportunities (awards, etc.)
- Give students a 'high five' as they leave your lecture/tutorial
- Take the time to discuss with your students ways in which they can use rewards as motivation to complete small tasks.
- Spend a moment to ask students to reflect on what they have achieved so far this semester
- Ask students to set three goals for the remainder of semester