Week 2: Getting organised
Focuses on time management and students ensuring they understand study requirements, as well as when they can contact lecturers/tutors.
Staff action checklist
- Advertise your appointment times/availability
- Advertise best contact method; what form of communication do you most readily respond to?
- Let students know your time frames for communication (eg. you usually respond to emails within 2 days)
- Encourage students to communicate with you if they are having difficulties
- Be on time to lectures/tutorials and show your enthusiasm
- Ensure your lectures/tutorials are finished at or before 20 past the hour (11.20)
- Spend a small portion of lectures/tutorials covering key requirements for study and assessments
- Explore using Learning Skills Advisors (LSAs) or Library staff to deliver referencing workshop prior to written assignments being due.