About web publishing
Our website is:
- a core business and communication tool, providing information and services for our students and staff
- a core marketing and promotional tool locally, nationally and internationally
The Purpose, Aims, Objectives and Principles statement is our guiding strategic document. It outlines what we aim to achieve through our site and who our key audiences are.
Our web publishing community has a vital role to play in ensuring that we maintain a high-quality, relevant and useful website. To assist you, we provide a range of services through this site.
Who does what
The Web Management Guidelines provide detail about roles and responsibilities for the site. These are summarised below.
Information Technology Services
- Responsible for centrally administering our corporate web presence.
- Provide support, advice, training, CMS administration, web development services.
- Has technical responsibility for supporting our web presence.
- The first point of contact for all web-related requests for support, troubleshooting and advice.
- Provide advice on the use of the University logo and branding on the website.
The University community
- Each area of the University has responsibility for creating and maintaining web content within their designated area(s) of the website.
Usually a senior manager/director/dean, their position appears at the footer of the page, under 'Authorised by:' They may not be involved in the web publishing process but are ultimately responsible for the content on their website. They must ensure their area always has appropriately skilled staff to maintain their website.
This person plays a major role in coordinating the web publishing activity in their area. They must ensure the content in their area is of a high quality, relevant and up-to-date. They publish content and may also approve content submitted by publishers in their area.
Each area may have multiple publishers and they are responsible for creating, publishing, editing, reviewing and maintaining web content in their area.