We provide career advice, assistance with finding work, including part-time casual work while you study, assistance finding internships, and vacation programs, graduate programs, and jobs. We offer on-campus workshops and online webinars on a range of employment related topics.
We can help with resume, cover letter, key selection criteria document reviews, job interview practices, hints and tips, access to volunteering opportunities, and careers information and resources.
Our services remain open and available during the COVID-19 outbreak, but have transitioned to phone and online.
Check our exclusive job listings for work both within Federation University and beyond by logging into the Edge.
Explore some further information about job opportunities available exclusively to Federation students:
Our webinars have been designed to develop your job hunting skills all the way from writing that stand-out application to blitzing the interview. For the full range of webinars on offer take a look at the events section of the Edge
Career Accelerate Program (CAP)
The Career Accelerate Program (CAP) is a FREE, fully online, self-paced Moodle course that provides you with the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to gain employment. Whether you are seeking part-time or casual employment while you study, applying for a placement or starting to prepare for full-time employment for when you graduate, CAP will give you an advantage
You can take the whole program (typically two full days total) or pick and choose the topics you want, when you need them.
CAP topics include:
- writing job applications – cover letters, key selection criteria and resumes
- improving job interview performance
- developing your unique personal brand and networking
- understanding workplace culture and appropriate business communication
- researching career and industry options for your course
- understanding workplace rights and responsibilities
For more information please contact the Student Careers and Employability team on 5327 9910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways to build career skills
- Consider joining a University club or society, or the Student Senate.
- Explore international experience options: study abroad, an exchange or the New Colombo Plan.
- Explore options for on-campus jobs like Mentoring, PASS Leader, Academic Leader, or Residential Advisor.
- Find a job right now on the Edge.
- Speak to one of our careers counsellors, find out more and book on the Edge.
Speak with a careers counsellor
Speak with our professional careers counsellors to get advice and support making the leap from University to your profession. Thirty minute confidential appointments are available for you to discuss a range of career topics including:
- Career exploration and planning
- Career decisions, eg course changes
- Gaining experience
- Job search strategies
- Job applications and interviews
Please note: all appointments with our careers staff will be held by phone.
You can book an appointment by logging into the Edge.
Resume and cover letter check
Need a professional to look over your resume or cover letter? Send them through to email@example.com and we will provide written feedback.
The most effective way of increasing employability is gaining experience in industry while you study. Not only will you strengthen key skills, you will gain valuable industry insight that will assist with exploring your career options and planning.
Join our award-winning Industry Placement Program (IPP) to take your degree to the next level by:
- Gain real life workplace skills through hands-on experience
- Understand employer expectations
- Network in your industry, and improve your industry knowledge
- Discover and explore future career paths
Interested? Find out more.
Enrich your Federation experience and make positive change in your community by getting involved in volunteering. SEEK research has found that 92% of employers said that relevant volunteering experience gives candidates an edge in job interviews!