We provide career advice, assistance with finding work, including part-time casual work while you study, assistance finding internships, and vacation programs, graduate programs, and jobs. We offer on-campus workshops and online webinars on a range of employment related topics.
We can help with resume cover letter, key selection criteria document reviews, job interview practices, hints and tips, access to volunteering opportunities, information and resources.
Our University services remain open and available during the COVID-19 outbreak, but have transitioned to phone and online. All appointments with our careers staff will be held by phone. Appointments can be booked through EDGE.
Check our exclusive job listings for work both within Federation University and beyond by logging into the Edge.
Explore some further information about job opportunities available exclusively to Federation students:
Our webinars have been designed to develop your job hunting skills all the way from writing that stand-out application to blitzing the interview. For the full range of webinars on offer take a look at the events section of the Edge
Career Accelerate Program (CAP)
The Career Accelerate Program (CAP) is a professional development program that assists students in developing employability skills. It is a program that is available to all FedUni students and is a compulsory requirement to be eligible for an IPP placement.
CAP encompasses topics such as:
- Understanding yourself and others as professionals.
- Values exploration and skills assessment.
- Workplace rights and responsibilities.
- Career assessment and development of an action plan.
- Cover letter, resume and LinkedIn workshops.
For more information please contact the Student Development and Employability team on 5327 9910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways to build career skills
- Consider joining a University club or society, or the Student Senate.
- Explore international experience options: study abroad, an exchange or the New Colombo Plan.
- Explore options for on-campus jobs like Mentoring, PASS Leader, Academic Leader, or Residential Advisor.
- Find a job right now on the Edge.
- Speak to one of our careers counsellors, find out more and book on the Edge.
Speak with a careers counsellor
Speak with our professional careers counsellors to get advice and support making the leap from University to your profession. Thirty minute confidential appointments are available for you to discuss a range of career topics including:
- Career exploration and planning
- Career decisions, eg course changes
- Gaining experience
- Job search strategies
- Job applications and interviews
Please note: all appointments with our careers staff will be held by phone.
You can book an appointment by logging into the Edge.
Resume and cover letter check
Need a professional to look over your resume or cover letter? Send them through to email@example.com and we will provide written feedback.
The most effective way of increasing employability is gaining experience in industry while you study. Not only will you strengthen key skills, you will gain valuable industry insight that will assist with exploring your career options and planning.
Join our award-winning Industry Placement Program (IPP) to take your degree to the next level by:
- Gain real life workplace skills through hands-on experience
- Understand employer expectations
- Network in your industry, and improve your industry knowledge
- Discover and explore future career paths
Interested? Find out more.
Enrich your Federation experience and make positive change in your community by getting involved in volunteering. SEEK research has found that 92% of employers said that relevant volunteering experience gives candidates an edge in job interviews!