Build your career skills
Our webinars have been designed to develop your job hunting skills all the way from writing that stand-out application to blitzing the interview. For the full range of webinars on offer take a look at the events section of the Edge
Career Accelerate Program (CAP)
The Career Accelerate Program (CAP) is a FREE, fully online, self-paced Moodle course that provides you with the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to gain employment. Whether you are seeking part-time or casual employment while you study, applying for a placement or starting to prepare for full-time employment for when you graduate, CAP will give you an advantage
You can take the whole program (typically two full days total) or pick and choose the topics you want, when you need them.
CAP topics include:
- writing job applications – cover letters, key selection criteria and resumes
- improving job interview performance
- developing your unique personal brand and networking
- understanding workplace culture and appropriate business communication
- researching career and industry options for your course
- understanding workplace rights and responsibilities
For more information please contact the Student Careers and Employability team on 5327 9910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other ways to build career skills
- Consider joining a University club or society, or the Student Senate.
- Explore international experience options: study abroad, an exchange or the New Colombo Plan.
- Explore options for on-campus jobs like Mentoring, PASS Leader, Academic Leader, or Residential Advisor.
- Find a job right now on the Edge.
- Speak to one of our careers counsellors, find out more and book on the Edge.