The Careers team have expertise in a range of disciplines and work environments and enjoy collaborating with staff to ensure students are exposed to career information in meaningful ways.
To date, our Career Practitioners have collaborated on projects including:
- Enhancing students' practicum and employment preparation and outcomes by creating and presenting in tutorial workshops (in person and online) across Psychology, IT, Nursing, Social Work, Community and Human Services and Education.
- Improving students' job interview confidence and performance via mock interviews and feedback using our Edge platform.
- Advising Social Work academic staff to reshape the Career Accelerate Program (CAP) and ensure it meets the needs of Social Work students.
- Collaborating with Marketing to provide career events and services to prospective students and outreach programs within secondary schools.
As Career Practitioners, we are experts who understand the rapidly changing job environment and labour market. We can provide you with expert advice on career and labour market changes, and guidance on choice of career and labour market resources to use with students.
If you are interested in collaborating with us on a project, please ring (03) 5327 9910, email us at: email@example.com, or contact the Careers and Employability Coordinator, Penny Corser-Hatten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is becoming increasingly important that career awareness skills are included in academic learning programs. Our experienced staff can provide advice and input into courses and assessment. We can assist with:
- Aligning learning outcomes to career outcomes.
- Assessment redesign to embed an employability focus.
- Industry specific recruitment practices.
- Work integrated learning support.
- Discipline specific forums with employer representatives and recruitment expos.
For more information, contact us by email.
You are more than welcome to use our resources to enhance your own courses, or to distribute to students in order to support their learning. We can assist you in embedding these into your Moodle shell or course structure.
Our range of resources include:
- Information sheets on common careers related topics.
- Recorded webinars and workshops that students can view in their own time.
- Tailored mock interview for students to complete.
For a full list of available resources - or to see if we have a resource that might work for your needs - we recommend you email us at email@example.com.
If we do not have the resource you require, we are also happy to collaborate with you to create the perfect resource for your students.
If you are aware of an employment or volunteering opportunity available to students, we can help you advertise the opportunity on our platform. This can include opportunities both within the university and outside/from an external employer.
Example of opportunities you might become aware of are:
- Assisting with laboratory work or research.
- Tutoring opportunities for students.
- Potential graduate employment.
- Leadership opportunities within Federation University.
- Charity organisations seeking temporary support.
Opportunities are posted on Edge. We assist people in creating their account and publishing jobs and opportunities and all positions are screened and approved by the Careers & Employability team.
If you would like to contact us about advertising an opportunity or would simply like further information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Careers team works one-on-one with many students across all disciplines and stages of their degrees.
We are the best referral point for students who need assistance with:
- Making study related career choices.
- Gaining clarity on what work they want to do.
- Looking for work or volunteering opportunities while they study.
- Preparing job applications.
- Preparing and practicing for job interviews.
- Identifying graduate opportunities.
Contact the team via email: email@example.com
Phone: (03) 5327 9910
|Office 508, |
333 Ann St,
Brisbane City, QLD 4000
|Office G76, Building 902|
100 Clyde Rd,
Berwick VIC, 3806
|Office 113, Building 3N|
Berwick VIC, 3842
|Room 119, U Building|
Mt Helen VIC, 3350