Discover the key dates relating to what's on at Federation University, your application key date, and the key dates relating to your studies. Want to get organised? It all starts here.
Discover what’s on and get to know us better.
We have many events throughout the year that we welcome you to attend. Find out when we are hosting information sessions and community events, talks about our research, book a VIP campus tour to suit your schedule, and much more.
Application key dates
Note that programs do not typically accept applications every semester. Check Course Finder for when intakes for your chosen program are scheduled.
Application dates for 2023
|Semester||Applications open||Applications close||Commencement date|
|Semester One||25 July 2022||19 February 2023||27 February 2023|
|Semester Two||27 February 2023||10 July 2023*||17 July 2023|
|Trimester One||25 July 2023||19 February 2023||27 February 2023|
|Trimester Two||27 February 2023||9 July 2023||17 July 2023|
|Spring||10 July 2023||24 August 2023||1 September 2023|
|Summer||25 August 2023||5 November 2023||13 November 2023|
*Some programs have earlier closing dates, please check Course Finder for details.
- VTAC applications are open from August to November every year for international students studying Year 12 in Australia. Browse deadlines for VTAC applications.
- International applicants have strict deadlines and cut off dates, due to the need to obtain visas. Familiarise yourself with the application, pre-visa screening and offer acceptance dates detailed on our International students application pages.
- TAFE applications are now being accepted for commencement in the next available term. Closing dates may vary between programs/Schools depending on the scheduled commencement date for your chosen TAFE program. Check our Course Finder for more information.
- VTAC applications are open from August to November every year. Browse deadlines for VTAC applications.
- Direct applications are accepted at the below times. Please note that some individual programs have earlier closing dates, detailed in the program Course Finder entry. Domestic students applying directly for a higher education program should be notified of the status of their application within 5 working days.
Enrolment key dates
It is vital that you enrol for your studies as soon as you have access. This will secure your place in classes, and also provide you with valuable timetable information.
Discover when you are able to enrol and get step-by-step guidelines, via our enrolment webpages.
Browse the important dates webpage, to discover semester/term start and end dates, orientation dates, semester breaks, exam dates, the academic calendar (which includes public holidays) and more.
Most higher education programs are delivered in semesters one and two, with a few subjects offered in Winter, Spring and Summer semesters.