What can your child study?
Your child can study either TAFE or higher education programs - or both! We are the only regional institution in Victoria that offers both vocational and degree programs.
When selecting a program, it is important for your child to think about his or her interests, talents and favoured activities.
It is also important to identify what subjects or other prerequisites are recommended in year 11 and 12 to meet the entry requirements into a chosen course at university or TAFE.
We have put together the following information to help your child find their way in this process.
Which course is right for my child?
There are many resources and events that can help you along the way to your dream course.
Unsure what to study?
Identify the areas you're interested in, and start collecting information from Federation about what you can study to help you work towards your goals.
- Why do you want to study?
- What interests you?
- What do you enjoy?
- What type of career attracts you?
- What qualifications do you need to work in those areas?
Do your research
- Check out our publications
- Visit the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) website and get copy of the VTAC Guide
- View our available programs on Course Finder
Connect with Federation
- Visit our online resources webpage
Who else can help?
- Are you at secondary school? Talk to your careers advisor about planning for your preferred career.
- Speak to friends, family and people you know about their jobs and why they enjoy what they do..
- Call Federation on 1800 333 864 or Ask Fed to talk about your study options.
Making the decision to apply
Once you have researched your options and have decided what you want to study, the next step is to apply. You are welcome to apply for more than one course or program.
Phone: 1800 333 864
Enquire online: Ask Fed