Health - Gippsland
The Health Centre at the Gippsland Campus is staffed by the campus nurse and is located within Student Connect - Building 3N, at Gippsland Campus.
The campus nurse provides free, confidential consultations to all students and Federation University staff.
Normal hours of operation: 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Wed & every second Thursday
Appointments can be made by telephoning 03 5327 9470.
- First aid treatment to all students, staff, contractors and visitors
- Assessment of health needs and appropriate referrals to specialist health agencies
- Health information and advice is available on all health matters including sexual health, substance abuse, nutrition and healthy lifestyle
- Vaccination service - excluding travel and COVID vaccinations
- Clinical procedures such as removing sutures, bandaging and strapping, replacing dressings
- Health monitoring eg blood pressure, managing existing health conditions and special health care needs
- Referral information on local medical and health services
- Health promotion, Return to work and OHS programs
- Federation University Security - medical emergency telephone: 03 5122 6999 or from internal phone call 333
- Latrobe Regional Hospital telephone: 03 5173 8000
- Hazelwood Health Centre (Gippsland) telephone: 03 5122 2555
- Mid Valley Family Medicine (Morwell) telephone: 03 5134 3888
- Latrobe Community Health Centre (Gippsland) telephone: 03 5122 0444
- Latrobe Eye Care (Morwell) telephone: 03 5134 2555