TAFE direct debit payment plan
We have partnered with FACTS Management to offer direct debit payment plans for TAFE students. This will allow you to apply for a direct debit payment plan to easily manage the payment of your fees throughout the calendar year.
The FACTS self-management platform offers the freedom and flexibility to:
- view your direct debit payment instalments
- update your financial details
- make additional payments towards your instalments
- delay a scheduled instalment up to 5 days - maximum of 3 delays per year
- nominate authorised parties to make payments (ie, parent/guardian)
- view communications that have been sent
Who can apply?
If you are studying a certificate I – IV or VCAL and have tuition fees and/or material fees you are eligible for a direct debit payment plan.
If you are studying a diploma or advanced diploma you can apply for a direct debit payment plan for any material fee charges associated with your course, however you are unable to apply for a direct debit payment plan for your tuition fees. Your tuition fees are due throughout the year based on your individual unit (subject) census dates (due dates).
Direct debit payment plans are only available for current year fees.
How to apply
Applications for 2023 are now open.
You can apply through your my Student Centre
- Log in to your my Student Centre using your Student ID
- Click on the Campus Finance tile
- Select the Payment Plan button
- You will be redirected to the FACTS website to sign up and apply.
Instalments and payments
Direct debit payment plans must finish by the end of November of each calendar year. Applications for a 2023 direct debt payment plan will close in September 2023.
You can choose either fortnightly or monthly instalments for your 2023 direct debit payment plan. Your balance will be broken up into each instalment equally. Instalments will adjust if any new enrolments or material fees are processed throughout the calendar year.
Below is an example of how instalments amounts are split evenly:
|Eligible Fees||Direct Debt |
Payment Plan type
|Direct Debt |
|Number of months |
until end of
|$1,000||Monthly instalments||5 February 2023||10||$100 per month|
($1,000 / 10 months)
|$1,000||Monthly instalments||5 July 2023||5||$200 per month|
($1,000 / 5 months)
|$1,000||Fortnightly instalments||2 February 2023||22||$45.45 per fortnight|
($1,000 / 22 fortnights)
|$1,000||Fortnightly instalments||6 July 2023||11||$90.90 per fortnight|
($1,000 / 11 fortnights)
Once you get a payment schedule, payments will be taken automatically by FACTS via direct debit to your nominated bank account or credit card.
- You must ensure that there are enough funds in your nominated account for the direct debit instalment date. Otherwise, additional, non-refundable fees apply (see below).
- Do not pay direct to Federation University as the direct debit instalments will continue as scheduled. If you want to make additional payments, you must do so through your FACTS account.
- If you withdraw from your course outside of the VET Refund terms you will remain liable to pay for your fees and the direct debit payment plan will continue as normal.
- All students on a direct debit payment plan will have a service indicator on their Federation University student account. This will prevent you from obtaining an official transcript or graduating until the direct debit payment plan is complete and all fees are paid in full.
Cost of a direct debit payment plan
The below charges are managed and taken by FACTS Management.
- $25.00 administrative signup fee for a 2023 direct debit payment plan to be paid within 14 days of application. This fee must be paid to continue your direct debit payment plan. If this scheduled payment is not successful then your direct debit payment plan will be terminated (see below).
- $33.00 returned-payment fee for dishonoured payment.
Termination of a direct debit payment plan
It is important that you ensure that you have sufficient funds for your direct debit payment plan instalments.
If you miss an instalment Federation University may cancel your direct debit payment plan without further notice. The following actions will then occur:
- An email advising the termination of your direct debit payment plan will be sent with immediate payment of your outstanding fees required.
- A hold will be applied to your student account, preventing access to grades, graduation, obtaining an official transcript and blocking any further enrolments.
- You may be unable to apply for another direct debit payment plan.
You can reach out for help by contacting Student Finance on email@example.com
FACTS help: for assistance in using your online FACTS account, please call 1300 322 871 (1300 FACTS1)