Main gate to the former Ballarat Gaol
The Ballarat Gaol was built in 1857. It closed in 1865, and was soon after transferred to the Ballarat School of Mines. The gates are a monumental work and were restored between 1972 and 1974. They are a prominent feature of the SMB Campus.
Coloured photograph of the Former Ballarat Gaol gates in 1997
Federation University Historical Collection