Future international students
To celebrate the ambition and achievements of our international students, we offer a range of scholarships supporting our students to succeed. If you want to study with us in the future, these scholarships could be for you.
Each scholarship will have different requirements, terms and conditions and eligibility criteria. You may be eligible for more than one scholarship. For some scholarships, you will be automatically assessed when you apply for your main course of study. See the links below for how to apply for your preferred course.
The Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships funded by the Australian Government and administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) that aim to develop leadership potential and stimulate lasting change by empowering a global network of talented individuals through high-quality education experiences in Australia and overseas.
Federation University Australia Brisbane Campus is pleased to offer a Future Leader Scholarship package to international students who commence at the Brisbane Campus in semester two (July) or summer semester (November) 2022.
This scholarship package has been established to attract future leaders who will have the opportunity to access significant unique initiatives to support their success at Federation University Brisbane Campus. The scholarship package has two scholarship initiatives to support international students that aspire to study in Australia and become leaders in their community, graduate industry and/or inspire others to pursue higher education in Queensland.
- 25% Future Leader Scholarship
Students who choose to study at the Brisbane Campus will be awarded a Future Leader Scholarship at the time of offer. The scholarship is a tuition fee discount of 25% of the published tuition fee for the entirety of their degree.
- Fed Degree-Plus
As a recipient of the Future Leader Scholarship, students will be able to undertake Fed Degree-Plus programs (valued up to $2,000 AUD). Once on campus, the recipient will work with on campus staff to access a range of credential, short course or certificates in addition to their main degree. The University will also connect students to the integrated Employability, Skills and Jobs Hub on campus and access to innovative start-up communities and precincts.
The scholarship is applied for the full duration of the main program. No additional application is required.
Please view the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions.
Destination Australia Scholarships are funded by the Commonwealth Government, and are designed to attract and support students who choose to live and study in regional communities.
See the PhD Industry Scholarship page for more information.
Federation University Australia is pleased to offer a Global Innovator Scholarship to international students who commence in a Federation University program in 2022.
The Federation University Australia Global Innovator Scholarship is equivalent to 20% of the annual tuition fees of an undergraduate or postgraduate program and is offered as a tuition fee discount.
The scholarship is applied for the duration of the program.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be:
- A prospective international student
- Enrolling as a commencing student in semester 1, 2 or summer semester in 2022
- Eligible to study in Australia with a valid visa
Applicants are automatically assessed for scholarships when applying for a program at Federation University Australia or at an onshore Partner Provider location. There is no need for a separate application.
Applicants must commence the program in semester 1, 2 or summer semester in 2022.
Accepting the Scholarship
On accepting the offer into the program, acceptance of the scholarship is automatic.
As a recipient of the scholarship:
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at Federation University Australia or at an onshore Partner Provider location.
- Applicants are required to pay fees due in advance as outlined in the official International Student Offer and Acceptance Agreement, including Overseas Student Health Cover.
- The scholarship is payable as a 20% fee reduction on the full tuition fee for each course and will be calculated on the basis of the number of courses enrolled in during each semester.
- To continue receiving the scholarship into the second and future semesters, awardees must maintain their enrolment with the University, at the study location specified in their offer letter. If an awardee is approved compassionate or compelling leave from studies for a semester, the scholarship will be reinstated on their return to study.
- The scholarship is non-refundable and may not be transferred to a cash amount.
- If an awardee withdraws from a course of study after the applicable semester Census date, they will be able to retain the scholarship provided they continue to meet the scholarship conditions.
- If an awardee withdraws from the program, they will forfeit the scholarship.
- The scholarship cannot be deferred into commencement in a future calendar year.
The Federation University Australia Global Excellence Scholarship is offered to eligible high achieving international students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs with a distinction average.
This scholarship is the equivalent of 25% of your annual tuition fees for the duration of your program and is offered as a tuition fee discount. Offers for this scholarship are made when applying for an on-campus program at Federation University Australia.
No additional application is required.
This scholarship supports students who choose to live in university accommodation in one of our Victorian campuses.
Prospective international students will automatically be assessed for an offer of an accommodation scholarship to support living in the University’s accommodation (Fedliving) at the time they receive an offer to study at the University.
No additional application is required.
View eligibility requirements and terms and conditions (pdf, 92kb).