Amendments to on-campus service delivery, effective 2 August 2021
Student HQ looks forward to be operational on campus again, and is planning to re-open counter service at the Ballarat, Berwick and Gippsland campuses from Monday 2 August at the following times:
- Berwick Campus: 9.00 am – 4.45 pm
- Gippsland Campus: 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Mt Helen Campus: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
- SMB Campus: 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
Services via online and phone are unchanged and we encourage you to use these channels as your first point of contact. Please log an online enquiry via FRED or call us on 1800 FEDUNI (1800 333864).
Always check your email and the Federation website for updates prior to coming on campus. The COVID-19 pandemic still impacts our delivery of services, and we strictly comply with all government directives. There may be occasions where our counter service closes quickly and without prior notification, and we thank you for your patience and understanding as we strive to keep everyone safe.
Student HQ services
Student HQ provides support to future and current students, in person, online or over the phone. We strive to make your Federation experience a positive one, helping you navigate the administrative side of your studies. Our biggest priority is supporting your success, by providing you with information and assistance as you progress through your university life. We are your ‘one-stop shop’ for student assistance, drop in and say hi.
We will be your first point of contact. Below we’ve identified the main areas that students seek assistance with:
- Submitting your application; are you looking at starting with Federation and need a hand with the application?
- Transferring programs; is there something you would prefer to be studying?
- Credit transfer; if you’ve previously completed studies, maybe we can save you some time and money by crediting these studies into your new program.
- Enrolment; we understand this can be confusing, and we are here to help you with subject selection, enrolling using your MySC account, assisting with timetable clashes, making changes to your enrolment, and everything in between.
- ID cards; your key to University services and facilities.
- Student fees; what to pay, when to pay, how to pay, and what can be paid later.
- Special consideration; because sometimes things outside our control interfere with our studies.
- Location transfers; would a different campus, online study or flexible delivery options suit you better?
- Leave from studies; we all need a break sometimes.
- Academic transcripts; your official record of what you studied with us.
- Completion Letters; do you need evidence of your completion prior to graduation? Submit your request via FRED.
- Graduation advice; congratulations, you did it!
If you haven't found what you are looking for, simply AskFed.
Need to submit a form?
To submit your form, please log an enquiry through the Federation Request and Enquiry Dashboard (FRED): fred.federation.edu.au
The subject line should include the following:
- Enquiry type (eg enrolment, special consideration etc)
- Full name
- Student ID
- Program code
- Campus location
* If you are unsure how to scan your document, consider downloading an app to your smartphone. Instructions to download and use Microsoft Lens are provided.
Student HQ locations
- Berwick Campus: Ground Floor, Building 930
Refer to Berwick Campus Map (pdf 1.94mb).
- Brisbane Campus: Office 509, Level 5
Refer to Brisbane Campus Map (pdf 973kb).
- Gippsland Campus: Building 1S Room 203
Refer to Gippsland Campus Map (pdf, 1.99mb)
- Mt Helen Campus: Ground Floor, Building T
Refer to Mt Helen Campus Map (pdf, 1.63mb)
- SMB Campus: Building D
Refer to SMB Campus Map (pdf, 1.21mb)
Phone: 1800 FED UNI (1800 333 864)
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Online enquiry: fred.federation.edu.au