Transforming Lives and Enhancing Communities Strategic Plan 2018 – 2022
Statement of Reconciliation
At Federation University Australia, we acknowledge the special place and culture of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Australians.
This acknowledgement is made through the University's Statement on Reconciliation.
Our transformational approach
Federation University Australia (FedUni) is a modern, progressive university and our Strategic Plan 2018 - 2022 takes a transformational approach:
- to building on our unique opportunities;
- in responding to the dynamic higher education landscape; and
- delivering a sustainable future.
In recent times our footprint has extended regionally, nationally and internationally through new campuses in Berwick and Brisbane and partnerships in China.
These new educational opportunities complement our existing network of campuses in Ballarat, Gippsland and the Wimmera. Leading us towards 2022 is recognition of the challenges faced by universities globally.
Above all else, our priority is to deliver the highest quality student experience so our graduates can realise their ambitions and become effective global citizens wherever they choose to live or work.
Strategic Plan 2018 – 2022
To transform lives and enhance communities.
Lifelong Learning – Provide future-focused, high-quality lifelong learning opportunities for students from all backgrounds.
Global Citizens - Empower students with the necessary knowledge, skills and aptitude for further study, to participate in workplaces and to be effective global citizens.
Partnerships - Use our network of campuses and partnerships to deliver our courses and programs.
Research to Impact – Conduct research with measurable impact on the communities in which we are located and wider society.
Sustainability – Ensure long-term financial sustainability.
By 2022 FedUni will:
1. Become a popular student destination
- Reach 20,000 higher education and 8,000 TAFE student enrolments.
- Attract significant numbers of international students.
- Engage students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Be highly regarded for our range of offerings.
2. Offer a high-quality student experience
- Improve student retention rates and success results.
- Achieve 5 Star rating by the Good Universities Guide for high-quality teaching.
- Meet students’ needs using the latest pedagogy and technology.
- Create connected alumni who provide industry links and channel future employees.
3. Make a positive impact
- Be highly rated by employers for the quality of our graduates.
- Be known for research that delivers societal impact and be ranked by Times Higher Education (THE), Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai) and QS World University Rankings (QS).
- Lead the sector in best practice community and industry engagement.
4. Become a university workplace of choice
- Demonstrate high levels of employee satisfaction.
- Be in the top quartile of Australian universities for the numbers of female staff in senior leadership roles.
- Be an asset to regional communities and contribute to capacity building.
- Be a preferred employer and higher education destination for Indigenous staff and students.
5. Build an efficient organisation
- Demonstrate business efficiency in all our operations and be financially stable.
- Invest for future growth and development.