Why a tertiary experience may be the ideal choice for your next School Camp
Heading into the senior years of High School can be a big step for students. How do you make sure they are prepared for what’s ahead, not only through the VCE program, but also the years to follow?
Incorporating a tertiary experience for your school camp can provide a range of benefits to your students setting them up for their final years, whilst also getting them thinking about different options for the future.
Whether the camp is compulsory or optional for your students, they will leave with new skills and knowledge, having had a fantastic time with their peers, and memories to last a lifetime.
So what are the benefits of a tertiary experience?
- Give students a taste of University life
- Holding your sessions in a lecture theatre, staying in University accommodation, having a campus tour, or speaking with staff and students are all fantastic opportunities to get a taste of University life. Studying at University is a lot different to High School, and allowing students the opportunity to witness this first hand can provide confidence and understanding of what may lie ahead.
- Nurture students future aspirations with career sessions and real life experiences
- Incorporating themed career sessions and real life experiences can give your students a taste of different occupation opportunities and pathways to get there. Speak to experts in the field of interest or participant in a practical session to uncover new opportunities and where their path may lead. State of the art facilities, including nursing labs, fitness testing and more provide amazing opportunities for students to immerse themselves in their subject of interest.
- Expert study skill sessions can set your students up for their VCE
- With our network of experts and skilled advisors, we can offer a range of study skills sessions to incorporate in your program, topics like effective studying, motivation, wellbeing or time management. All invaluable skills to encourage your students in achieving their best.
Why choose Federation University for your school camp?
With so much to offer, convenient locations, fantastic facilities and amazing local attractions to include in your program, Federation University campuses offer a diverse range of catering and accommodation packages with a helpful and friendly events team to assist you every step of the way.
Churchill, Gippsland | Our Gippsland campus is located just two hours from Melbourne, in the foothills of the Strzelecki Ranges. Within a short distance of the campus, you will find numerous parks, nature walks, hikes and biking trails.
Ballarat | Our Mt Helen campus is only an hour drive from Melbourne and a short distance from the Ballarat City Centre, set on 110 hectares of parkland and natural bushland surroundings. Within a short distance of the campus, you will find numerous parks, nature walks, hikes and biking trails, in addition to local attractions including Sovereign Hill, Kryal Castle, The Ballarat Wildlife Park, or Lake Wendouree.
Berwick | If you’re looking for a more urban adventure, consider Berwick, located about 40km southeast of the Melbourne CBD, within easy access to the Berwick Village Centre, Berwick Station, and adjacent to the Princes Freeway. The multi-level complex of modern architecturally designed buildings is surrounded by spacious grounds with landscaped gardens and internal courtyards.