Non-year 12 students
To be eligible to apply via a direct application you will need to meet one of the below criteria:
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident of Australia;
- Applying for part-time TAFE programs, TAFE programs not listed in the VTAC Guide and short courses;
- Applying for programs not listed in the VTAC Guide;
- Applying for mid-year entry (visit the Course Finder for a list of available programs);
- Not currently studying Year 12 and only applying to study at FedUni and no other institution;
- Not an existing VTAC applicant;
- Not currently studying Year 12 in Australia;
- A current FedUni student wishing to transfer to another FedUni program - do not submit a direct application, you will need to complete an Internal Program Transfer form (pdf, 261kb).
Please note: to be eligible for a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) you must meet the relevant citizenship and residency requirements. Your study location may affect your CSP eligibility, please visit the fees web page or the Study Assist website for further information.
Having met the eligibility requirements above, your application will then be assessed on the basis of three things:
- your formal qualifications,
- your background or experience, and
- whether or not you meet the specific requirements for the course.
Some courses require additional information to be submitted for assessment along side your completed form.
Please see our Additional application requirements page for more information.