Frequently asked questions

Do I need to prove my English proficiency?

Yes. Whether it is through prior qualifications or a standardised English test, International students must demonstrate that they meet the English language requirements for their chosen program. Information on which tests and qualifications are accepted can be found on our English Language Requirements page.

Please note: if you have taken the Pearson (PTE) test, you will need to send the scores to FedUni through the PTE system in order for us to verify them online. Instructions for how to do this can be found on the PTE Website.

If you have taken an approved English test but do not quite meet the English requirements, you may be eligible for one of our English and Academic Preparation (EAP) programs, which can be packaged with your main program.

Is there an application fee?

Students who apply through the Online Application System, Studylink will attract a $25 application fee. The application fee is not refundable under any circumstances, and must be paid upfront for your application to be processed.

The Online application fee can be waived if you apply through an Authorised FedUni Agent.

How can I certify documents?

All supporting documents submitted with an application must be certified copies. A certified (or attested) copy is a photocopy of an original document that has been certified as being a true copy by an authorised person.

The person certifying the photocopy must include the following details on all pages that contain information:

  • Stamp or write: "This is a true copy of the document sighted by me."
  • Sign, date and provide contact details (name, address and telephone number)
  • Use the official stamp or seal of their organisation, or their profession and organisation name.

Copies of originals may be certified by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live. This may include: 

  • A National Notary department
  • The official records department of the institution that originally issued the document
  • A registered accountant
  • An Australian overseas diplomatic mission or Australian Educational Centre
  • A justice of the peace
  • A barrister, solicitor or patent attorney

If you are having trouble getting your documents certified, one of FedUni's Agents may be able to help.

I have a question about my application to a FedUni partner-provider. Who should I ask?

Partner-providers use Studylink, the online application system to assess applications. Federation University will confirm the application with the Partner Provider. Any queries regarding your application to a FedUni's Partner Provider should be directed to the Partner Provider you have applied to study with. Contact details can be found on our Current Onshore Partners page.

The Federation University International Admissions Team assess applications for our Berwick, Mt Helen and Gippsland Campuses only. All request regarding Partner Provider applications will be directed to the relevant Partner Provider.

What will my living expenses be?

Living expenses are significantly lower than in the large Australian capital cities. Single students would normally require approximately AU$21,041 per year for living expenses. This covers housing, food, transport, clothing and some modest entertainment. More information can be found at the Study Australia website.

What will my tuition fees be? How much do I need to pay upfront?

Information on tuition fees for students commencing this year can be found on our Schedule of Overseas Fees.

International students must pay their first semester's fees upfront before the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is issued. Students who have packaged their offer with an English and Academic Preparation (EAP) program, or are having FedUni arrange Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) on their behalf, will also have to pay for these in full before the CoE is issued.

Later semesters will be invoiced on the census date. Payment plans are not available.

Can I apply for a scholarship?

Yes! FedUni offers a number of International Scholarships

I have a question about my student visa. Who should I ask?

For information regarding visas, please visit the Department of Home Affairs website. If you have applied through one of FedUni's Agents, they may also be able to assist.

How can I transfer between partner-providers?

If you wish to transfer between a FedUni campus and a Partner Provider or vice versa, please refer to Transfers, Withdrawals and Refunds.

Still unsure?

If you're still stuck, we're happy to help! Feel free to contact us.