Research with real-world impact
Explore a topic that interests you in depth, create new knowledge and become an expert in your field with a research higher degree (PhD or Masters) at Federation University.
Undertake an independent research project and develop critical thinking skills, enabling you to take the lead in using research to impact new discoveries.
Work with highly qualified and recognised supervisors, connect with industry, government and the community, and contribute to the global research conversation.
We accept applications for candidature year round however applications for scholarships must be received between 1 September and 31 October each year for commencement the following year.
Why choose Federation University
- Work with academic staff who consistently attract significant research funding and gain quality research outcomes.
- Professional development throughout your degree focussing on employability.
- Industry engagement through internships, scholarships, industry supervisors and collaborative projects.
Please check your eligibility before completing an application form.
- Check your eligibility - academic and English language requirements
- How to apply
- Frequently asked questions
Have a question? Contact our team of experts for an answer to your question, so that you can be informed to make the right choice.
Please note: English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements have changed. Requests for English language test exemptions will no longer be routinely granted.