ARC and NHMRC due dates
Notices of Intent (NoI) for LE22 were due to Research Funding 12 noon Monday 16 November 2020
FedUni LIEF LE22 NoI form (Word Doc 193 KB) for internal and external lead applications
LIEF2022 VicLIEF expressions of interest
In preparation for the ARC LIEF 2022 grants round, Victorian universities will once again collaborate via a VicLIEF Expressions of Interest process to coordinate applications.
All Federation University researchers intending to submit a LIEF grant application for the 2022 round are required to enter a VicLIEF EoI submission.
The key dates related to VicLIEF and LE22 EoI submission can be found on the help-sheet available below.
Once the VicLIEF EoI period is complete, the submissions will be reviewed and any further information or clarification will be requested. The DVCRs from each of the participating Victorian university will then meet to review and provide feedback on the submissions.
The help-sheet for the LE22 VicLIEF Expressions of Interest process is found here:
The first steps to applying for ARC and NHMRC funding:
- Read the current Guidelines and Instructions to Applicants available on GrantConnect for the desired scheme.
- Submit your Dean signed ARC/NHMRC Grant Expression of Interest (EOI) form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date.
- For externally administered ARC and NHMRC grant applications, please submit the standard Funding Expression of Interest (FEOI) form once reviewed and approved by your Dean..
- A Dean signed ARC/NHMRC Grant Expression of Interest (EOI) form must be submitted to Research Funding by the advertised date for the scheme. The DVCRI and the appropriate Dean or nominee will determine EOI outcomes. If the EOI is approved to progress, the full application will need to pass through the following steps in order:
- Two peer reviews (arranged by applicant);
- School support system including review by an internal (or external where appropriate) ARC or NHMRC expert. This review will assist applicants in gauging the competitiveness of their application and identify gaps. This may also include compulsory attendance at an Internal Workshop or meeting.
- Research Funding compliance and budget check;
- Dean and DVCRI approval for final submission.
- To ensure that applicants are provided with appropriate support to develop their applications;
- To ensure that applications are reviewed appropriately,and if they are to be submitted, are of competitive quality; and
- To ensure that Federation University's reputation is not compromised by the submission of non-competitive applications, nor that undue time is spent on developing applications that are unlikely to be competitive.
ARC or NHMRC Scheme
EOI Deadline 12 noon
ARC Discovery Program
Discovery Projects DP22
Weds 22nd July 2020
See below for DP22 Internal Dates and Milestones
Discovery Projects DP23
|Weds 3rd Nov 2021|
|Weds 28th July 2021|
Discovery Indigenous IN23
Weds 24th Nov 2021
Future Fellowships FT22
Weds 18th Aug 2021
Weds 7th July 2021
ARC Linkage Program
Linkage Projects LP21 - Round 1
Fri 15th Jan 2021
Linkage Projects LP21 - Round 2
|Mon 26th Apr 2021|
Linkage Projects LP21 - Round 3
|Thur 26th Aug 2021|
15 weeks before the ARC external deadline
Investigator Grants 2021 applications
Weds 6th Jan 2021
Synergy Grants 2021 applications
Weds 20th Jan 2021
Ideas Grants 2021 applications
Weds 3rd Feb 2021
Strategic and Leveraging Grants 2021-22 applications
Dependent on sub-scheme
Partnership Projects 2021
Continuous from 13th Jan to 1st Dec 2021
Weds 4th Aug 2021
Weds 10th Mar 2021
Weds 2nd June 2021
15 weeks before the NHMRC external deadline
*EOI deadlines are subject to change upon release of ARC and NHMRC external deadlines. Updates will be communicated via the school and FedNews.
The majority of subsequent internal deadlines are available below on our ARC and NHMRC internal dates for current rounds page and others will be set and released upon receipt of EOIs. Adherence to the above deadlines ensures that the DVCRI approved process is carried out and managed effectively. Late EOIs will not be accepted unless exceptional circumstances apply, and have been pre-approved by both the School and the DVCRI. However, Research Services staff can be contacted at any time during the process to discuss any aspect of an application.
Any questions or concerns regarding the process can be directed to Tina D’Urbano, Team Leader Research Funding (email@example.com).
For Guidelines, Instructions to Applicants & Other Relevant Docs please scroll below.
The Internal Dates for ARC schemes in 2021-22 have been released and are available here.
The NHMRC internal dates and milestones are available here:
Ideas Grant 2021 Applications
Partnership Projects (PRC3) 2021 Applications
For EOI deadlines, please see the table above under ARC & NHMRC expression of interest dates 2020/21.
Please be aware that ARC and NHMRC due dates change from time to time.
The current ARC Discovery and Linkage Written Certification Forms are now available for download below. Please ensure you use these versions if you are submitting a Federation University Lead Discovery or Linkage Program application:
- ARC FT22 Certification & CoI form v1.0 (Word Doc, 95kb)
- ARC DE23 Certification & CoI form v1.0 (Word Doc, 97kb)
- ARC LP21 Certification & CoI form v1.0 (Word Doc, 100kb)
- ARC DP23 Certification & CoI form v1.0 (Word Doc, 99kb) - coming soon
ARC Written Certification forms for other schemes will be made available based upon need.
Further information on the new NHMRC schemes is available via the NHMRC website:
NHMRC and MRFF Certification form (2021)
The CIA (Primary Chief Investigator) must provide the RAO with evidence that the application is complete and that all Chief and Associate Investigators have agreed to it, i.e. through written evidence such as email or signature on this form. Such written evidence should be retained by the Administering Institution and must be provided to NHMRC if requested.
If you have any queries regarding these grants, please contact the Research Funding Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please also check with your School ADR or Centre Director for any additional requirements.*