The University is required to report research activity to the Federal Government annually through the Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC) and through the Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) process. Various Engagement and Impact Submissions also contain or reference these outputs. Research activity is also considered in Research Workload Allocations, Academic Promotions as well as School, Centre, Individual and Institutional reporting.
Research Services collate publications information for inclusion in Our Research Management System, IRMA.
We collate peer reviewed research publications from the following categories:
- Authored books
- Book chapters
- Journal articles
- Conference papers
- Creative works
- Research reports
Please check IRMA, Federation University's research management system, for current research collections.
Should a publication be missing from IRMA please send the publication bibliographic details to email@example.com
Details must include:
- Full bibliographic information, Title, Published year, ISSN/ ISBN Journal Name/Conference name/ Book Name, Page numbers, DOI, All authors AND evidence of their Affiliations.
- For conference papers then full proceedings details to include, the dates and location of conference, editors, Published proceeding title as well the above requirements.
- Physical evidence or a link can be attached if it includes the abovementioned details
- Creative outputs have their own process. Please refer to the School of Arts for details.
Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
ERA is an assessment system that evaluates the quality of the research conducted at Australian universities. It is currently undertaken every three years, with the next round due for submission in 2018. ERA aims to identify and promote excellence across the full spectrum of research activity, including discovery, experimental, and applied research within Australian higher education institutions. ERA provides an evaluation of Fields of Research (FoRs) at each institution, informed by four categories of indicators:
- Indicators of research quality
- Indicators of research activity
- Indicators of research application
- Indicators of recognition
Further information can be found at http://www.arc.gov.au/excellence-research-australia
Ms. Laura Liao
Manager, Research Performance
Ph: 5122 6304