News and events
Check this page regularly for FRRC’s latest news and upcoming events. Here you will also find our archive of past news and events.
FRRC researchers to appear on ABC science podcast, Ockham’s Razor
Some of FRRC’s research areas will be showcased to a national audience tonight, with ABC Radio National recording its science podcast, Ockham’s Razor, live at Federation’s Gippsland campus at 5.30 – 8.00pm to coincide with the Centre’s launch earlier in the day.
Hosted by the ABC’s Natasha Mitchell, the podcast will be recorded in front of a live audience and will include talks from a hand-picked roster of speakers including the following FRRC members and topics:
- Professor Thomas Baumgartl: The complex challenges of mine closure and rehabilitation.
- Associate Professor Wendy Wright: Resilience, strengthening local communities, and the friction points where humans brush up against animal environment.
- Associate Professor Vince Verheyen: Hydrogen energy supply chain and how the community perceives its use.
- Dr Jessica Reeves: The multiple ways of knowing place – humans as part of nature.
FRRC involved in two new projects with Soil CRC
FRRC members are participating in two successful projects with the Soil CRC.
The projects are:
- Defining the economic and social benefits of regenerative farming systems – led by Charles Sturt University
- Soil water storage: Increased access and tools for assessment – led by University of Southern Queensland.
More information about the Soil CRC is available on their website.