Media releases

Berwick campus is closed under current Victorian Government lockdown restrictions.

Posted: Tuesday 5 October 2021

Campus operations in accordance with government COVIDSafe restrictions

  • Ballarat, Gippsland and Wimmera campuses are open for up to 25 per cent of staff and approved student activity, in accordance with government COVIDSafe restrictions. Higher education, TAFE and HDR studies continue online, aside from limited practical on-campus activities, aligned to the authorised worker list. Staff and students will be contacted directly if applicable to them. Facilities open with density limits in place.
  • Berwick Campus is closed in line with lockdown restrictions. Limited authorised activity for staff and students on campus with an approved work or study permit (affected staff and students will contacted directly if required on campus).
  • Brisbane Campus remains open and is unaffected by the Victorian restrictions.
  • Permit system – A permit system applies for all students and staff from Metropolitan Melbourne, Mitchell Shire, City of Greater Shepparton and Moorabool Shire (any area in lockdown) to visit other campuses, based on government authorised work or study categories. Details on how to apply below.

Four key principles for the safe transition to work on campus

If you are working or studying on campus, four key safety principles apply.

  1. If you feel unwell – don’t come to campus. If you have symptoms similar to COVID-19 you must get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible and self-isolate until you receive a negative result.
  2. Physical distancing measures apply, and you must wear a face masks indoors and outdoors on campus
  3. Frequently wash or sanitise hands and clean any surfaces you touch with sanitising wipes when using campus spaces (sanitiser etc. are supplied by the university).
  4. QR code scanning is mandatory at all universities and TAFEs. All of our QR codes come from the Service Victoria app and Check In Qld app

Seeking an authorised work or higher education permit

Permit applications should be directed to the relevant contacts below:

  • Authorised apprentices will need to seek a permit from their employer to continue study on campus.
  • Diploma of Nursing. Email Lee Wheeler, Education Manager Health and Nursing Programs at
  • All other TAFE work placements must be reviewed by the General Manager, TAFE – email

Find the application form at Authorised provider and authorised worker permit.

Further updates

Updates via email, web and social media. Student support and services are still available over the phone and online if you need it. A range of Health and wellbeing resources are available online for staff.

Check the following government websites for changes and alerts at or

Contact Corporate Communications
1800 333 864