Berwick campus is closed under current Victorian Government lockdown restrictions.Posted: Wednesday 22 September 2021
Until the Victorian Government changes lockdown restrictions for the Melbourne metropolitan area, the Berwick campus will remain closed, aside from limited authorised activity for staff and students with an approved work or study permit. Those staff and students approved to be on campus will be contacted directly.
Our Ballarat campus will reopen on Tuesday 28 September under the same regional Victorian restrictions as our Gippsland and Wimmera campuses, which remain open but with significant restrictions in accordance with the Victorian Government COVIDSafe Settings.
This means learning will remain remote except for practicals and laboratory classes for certain groups of students. Limited practical activities can occur on campus for higher education, TAFE and HDR students (staff and students will be contacted directly if applicable to them) and 25 per cent of office staff can return to campus (to be managed by Deans and Directors).
Brisbane Campus remains open and is unaffected by the Victorian restrictions.
Seeking an authorised work or higher education permit
Permit applications should be directed to the relevant contacts below:
- Staff – ALL eligible staff should contact Human Resources to obtain an authorised work permit via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5327 6300.
- Higher education – email WIL@federation.edu.au
- HDR students – email email@example.com
- TAFE students – you must have a permit to attend on-campus studies.
- Authorised apprentices will need to seek a permit from their employer to continue study on campus.
- Diploma of Nursing. Email Lee Wheeler, Education Manager Health and Nursing Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other TAFE work placements must be reviewed by the General Manager, TAFE – email email@example.com.
Find the application form at Authorised provider and authorised worker permit.
Updates via email, web and social media. Student support and services are still available over the phone and online if you need it. A range of Health and wellbeing resources are available online for staff.
1800 333 864