Berwick Campus is closed until Thursday 23 September.Posted: Thursday 9 September 2021
The Victorian Government has announced that lockdown will end for regional Victoria only. Lockdown continues in Melbourne metropolitan areas until Thursday 23 September, pending government advice.
Our campuses in Ballarat, Gippsland and the Wimmera are open from Friday 10 September, but with significant restrictions still in place. Limited practical activities can occur on campus for higher education, TAFE and HDR students (staff and students will be contacted directly if applicable to them) and 25 per cent of office staff can return to campus (to be managed by Deans and Directors).
Fed College and Ballarat Tech School – resume on campus from Friday 10 September for Year 12s (and Year 11 students if studying a Year 12 subject).
Berwick Campus remain closed until Thursday 23 September, pending government advice.
Brisbane Campus remains open and is unaffected by the Victorian restrictions.
Seeking an authorised work or higher education permit
Permit applications should be directed to the relevant contacts below:
- Staff – ALL eligible staff should contact Human Resources to obtain an authorised work permit via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5327 6300.
- Higher education – email WIL@federation.edu.au
- HDR students – email email@example.com
- TAFE students – you must have a permit to attend on-campus studies.
- Authorised apprentices will need to seek a permit from their employer to continue study on campus.
- Diploma of Nursing. Email Lee Wheeler, Education Manager Health and Nursing Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other TAFE work placements must be reviewed by the General Manager, TAFE – email email@example.com.
Find the application form at Authorised provider and authorised worker permit.
Updates via email, web and social media. Student support and services are still available over the phone and online if you need it. A range of Health and wellbeing resources are available online for staff.
1800 333 864