Federation TAFE adds new talent to boost support in the WimmeraPosted: Tuesday 15 November 2022
Federation TAFE has employed new key staff as it bolsters its commitment to providing job opportunities, enhancing training, and supporting the growth of in-demand industries in the Wimmera region.
Vanessa O’Loughlin has been appointed to the newly created position of Manager, Skills Plan Delivery and will drive the Victorian Skills Plan for the Wimmera Southern Mallee which addresses the need for training and employing more skilled workers within high-demand areas such as childcare, construction, healthcare, and community services.
In addition, Andrea Brown will be the new Community Careers and Training Advisor located at the Wimmera Skills and Jobs Centre.
Both will work with community groups, schools, government agencies, Registered Training Organisations, industry, and employers across the greater Wimmera region to affirm Federation TAFE’s pivotal role in ensuring the region has an appropriately skilled workforce.
Tracey-Lee Beer is the new Wimmera Aboriginal Student Success Officer. Working within the Aboriginal Education Centre, Ms Beer will advocate for and support the ambitions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students as well as linking them to other support services. The new appointments follow the recruitment of Campus Director, Wimmera, Christine Brown, in March.
Under Ms Brown’s leadership, there have already been several significant developments at Federation’s Wimmera Campus as she has actively worked to strengthen partnerships.
These recent additions to Federation TAFE’s staff are just the latest in a long line of activities that have underlined Federation’s commitment to the region, including:
- Support of local social enterprise, the Centre for Participation’s on-campus Laneway Café with the investment of $60,000 into new kitchen equipment
- Facilitating the relocation of the Wimmera Development Association to be co-located at Federation’s campus
- Establishing the Future Regions Research Centre Horsham Research Hub
- The appointment of Director at the Ararat Jobs and Technology Precinct, Professor Harpinder Sandhu
- Extending the agreement to host the Wimmera Southern Mallee Local Learning and Employment Network (LLEN) on campus for a further three years
- Investment in establishing Places of Being (Dyata), a culturally safe space for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff
- Increased investment in scholarship offerings in the Wimmera
- The resumption of Open Day at the Wimmera Campus after several years.
Quotes attributable to Federation University Pro Vice-Chancellor (Vocational Education and Training) and CEO TAFE, Liam Sloan
“Federation TAFE is committed to investing in skills in the Wimmera and we are delivering.”
"The appointments are the latest in a long line of developments at the Wimmera Campus as Federation TAFE aims to be the number one TAFE in Victoria."
Quotes attributable to Federation TAFE Campus Director, Wimmera, Christine Brown
“The new staff appointments in key roles here at the Federation Wimmera Campus, further adds to the capability of Federation TAFE's already strong team.”
"The Manager, Skills Plan Delivery position, is one of the first in Victoria TAFE’s network and is in direct response to addressing the skills shortages in the Wimmera Southern Mallee, as identified in the Victorian Skills Plan."
“Federation’s increasing investment in the Wimmera region, is set to grow even further in the coming months and years. We have a range of new and exciting collaborations and projects planned for 2023 and our Master Planning for redevelopment and revitalisation of the site, is currently underway.”
Media and Communications Advisor (TAFE)
03 5327 9575