Federation University and City of Casey sign MoUPosted: Wednesday 18 November 2020
Federation University and the City of Casey have strengthened their commitment to increasing social and economic opportunities in the Casey region, with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
They will work together to explore opportunities to build the local industry’s workforce capabilities through teaching, research and entrepreneurship, as well as playing an important role in youth and community engagement.
The MoU builds on existing collaboration and through this strengthened partnership, the two organisations hope to realise the vision of the Berwick Health and Education Precinct as a hub of knowledge, technology, health employment, research and education for Melbourne’s south-east.
Through the MoU, the City of Casey and Federation University will also work to:
- Facilitate meaningful links between industry and education
- Increase the level of tertiary education and skills and enhance the pathways into employment for residents across the City of Casey
- Increase local job opportunities
- Promote research and development and support and grow a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Leverage regional partnerships and support each other as key stakeholders in advancing prosperity, liveability and wellbeing outcomes across Melbourne’s South East.
- Realise the vision of the Berwick Health and Education Precinct as a hub of knowledge, technology, health, employment, research and education for the Melbourne’s South East.
Quotes attributable to Federation University Vice-Chancellor and President, Professor Duncan Bentley
“Universities have a critical role to play in the prosperity of their local communities and by working directly with local government we can help to increase local education and job opportunities.”
“We are delighted to strengthen our partnership with the City of Casey and foster a culture of innovation and creativity in Melbourne’s south-east region.”
Quotes attributable to City of Casey chief executive Glenn Patterson
“This collaboration between the City of Casey and Federation University will be instrumental in realising the vision of the Berwick Health and Education Precinct as a vibrant and integrated employment centre that facilitates innovation in business, health and education.”
“It gives us great pleasure to partner with Federation University as we both work towards shared outcomes to improve liveability, employment and education opportunities and embed a culture of innovation across the municipality.”
Media and Communications Advisor
0429 360 727