Amin Soltani - Research
Higher degree by research opportunities
I am continuously seeking passionate researchers who strive for new challenges in the field of Civil Geotechnical Engineering. To discuss potential Higher Degree by Research opportunities, please contact me at A.Soltani@federation.edu.au.
- Institution of Engineers, Australia (IEAust)
- Australian Geomechanics Society (AGS), Victoria Chapter
- International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE)
- Estabragh AR, Soltani A and Javadi AA (2020) Effect of pore water chemistry on the behaviour of a kaolin–bentonite mixture during drying and wetting cycles. European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering 24(7): 895–914, https://doi.org/10.1080/19648189.2018.1428691.
- Raeesi R, Soltani A, King R and Disfani MM (2020) Field performance monitoring of waste tire-based permeable pavements. Transportation Geotechnics 24, 100384: 1–15, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trgeo.2020.100384.
- Soltani A and O’Kelly BC (2020) Discussion of “The flow index of clays and its relationship with some basic geotechnical properties” by G. Spagnoli, M. Feinendegen, L. Di Matteo, and D. A. Rubinos, published in Geotechnical Testing Journal 42, no. 6 (2019): 1685–1700. Geotechnical Testing Journal In Press: 1–4, https://doi.org/10.1520/gtj20190423.
- Soltani A, Raeesi R and O’Kelly BC (2020) Cyclic swell–shrink behaviour of an expansive soil treated with a sulfonated oil. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers – Ground Improvement In Press: 1–14, https://doi.org/10.1680/jgrim.19.00084.
- Soltani A, Deng A, Taheri A, Mirzababaei M and Jaksa MB (2020) A dimensional description of the unconfined compressive strength of artificially cemented fine-grained soils. Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology In Press: 1–25, https://doi.org/10.1080/01694243.2020.1717804.
- Soltani A, Deng A, Taheri A and Mirzababaei M (2019) A sulphonated oil for stabilisation of expansive soils. International Journal of Pavement Engineering 20(11): 1285–1298, https://doi.org/10.1080/10298436.2017.1408270.
- Soltani A, Taheri A, Deng A and Azimi M (2019) A note on determination of the preconsolidation pressure. Journal of Testing and Evaluation 47(6): 4535–4550, https://doi.org/10.1520/jte20170689.
- Soltani A, Estabragh AR, Taheri A, Deng A and Meegoda JN (2019) Experiments and dimensional analysis of contaminated clay soils. Environmental Geotechnics 6(7): 434–449, https://doi.org/10.1680/jenge.18.00018.
- Soltani A, Deng A, Taheri A and O’Kelly BC (2019) Engineering reactive clay systems by ground rubber replacement and polyacrylamide treatment. Polymers 11(10), 1675: 1–23, https://doi.org/10.3390/polym11101675.
- Zhang J, Soltani A, Deng A and Jaksa MB (2019) Mechanical behavior of micaceous clays. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering 11(5): 1044–1054, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2019.04.001.
- Zhao Y, Taheri A, Soltani A, Karakus M and Deng A (2019) Strength development and strain localization behavior of cemented paste backfills using Portland cement and fly ash. Materials 12(20), 3282: 1–21, https://doi.org/10.3390/ma12203282.
- Soltani A (2019) Comments on “Effect of wetting–drying–freezing–thawing cycles on the swelling behaviour of the Yanji Mudstone” [Environ Earth Sci (2019) 78: 435]. Environmental Earth Sciences 78(16), 512: 1–4, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-019-8522-7.
- Soltani A, Azimi M, Deng A and Taheri A (2019) A simplified method for determination of the soil–water characteristic curve variables. International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering 13(4): 316–325, https://doi.org/10.1080/19386362.2017.1344450.
- Soltani A (2019) Discussion of “Optimization of carpet waste fibers and steel slag particles to reinforce expansive soil using response surface methodology” by M. Shahbazi, M. Rowshanzamir, S.M. Abtahi, S.M. Hejazi [Appl. Clay Sci., doi:10.1016/j.clay.2016.11.027]. Applied Clay Science 175: 193–196, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2017.07.020.
- Soltani A and Mirzababaei M (2019) Discussion of “Compaction and strength behavior of tire crumbles–fly ash mixed with clay” by Akash Priyadarshee, Arvind Kumar, Deepak Gupta, and Pankaj Pushkarna. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering 31(6), 07019004: 1–4, https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)mt.1943-5533.0002701.
- Asgari HR, Haddad OB, Soltani A and Loáiciga HA (2019) Optimization model for integrated river basin management with the hybrid WOAPSO algorithm. Journal of Hydro-Environment Research 25: 61–74, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jher.2019.07.002.
- Soltani A, Deng A, Taheri A and Sridharan A (2019) Swell–shrink–consolidation behavior of rubber–reinforced expansive soils. Geotechnical Testing Journal 42(3): 761–788, https://doi.org/10.1520/gtj20170313.
- Soltani A, Deng A, Taheri A, Mirzababaei M and Nikraz H (2019) Interfacial shear strength of rubber-reinforced clays: a dimensional analysis perspective. Geosynthetics International 26(2): 164–183, https://doi.org/10.1680/jgein.18.00045.
- Soltani A, Deng A, Taheri A and Sridharan A (2019) Consistency limits and compaction characteristics of clay soils containing rubber waste. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers – Geotechnical Engineering 172(2): 174–188, https://doi.org/10.1680/jgeen.18.00042.
- Soltani A, Deng A, Taheri A, Mirzababaei M and Vanapalli SK (2019) Swell–shrink behavior of rubberized expansive soils during alternate wetting and drying. Minerals 9(4), 224: 1–18, https://doi.org/10.3390/min9040224.
- Soltani A and Mirzababaei M (2019) Discussion on “Effects of lime addition on geotechnical properties of sedimentary soil in Curitiba, Brazil” [J Rock Mech Geotech Eng 10 (2018) 188–194]. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering 11(1): 214–218, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2018.08.008.
- Zhang J, Soltani A, Deng A and Jaksa MB (2019) Mechanical performance of jute fiber-reinforced micaceous clay composites treated with ground-granulated blast-furnace slag. Materials 12(4), 576: 1–23, https://doi.org/10.3390/ma12040576.
- Soltani A, Taheri A, Deng A and Nikraz H (2019) Tyre rubber and expansive soils: two hazards, one solution. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers – Construction Materials In Press: 1–17, https://doi.org/10.1680/jcoma.18.00075.
- Zhao Y, Soltani A, Taheri A, Karakus M and Deng A (2019) Application of slag–cement and fly ash for strength development in cemented paste backfills. Minerals 9(1), 22: 1–19, https://doi.org/10.3390/min9010022.
- Mirzababaei M, Arulrajah A, Horpibulsuk S, Soltani A and Khayat N (2018) Stabilization of soft clay using short fibers and poly vinyl alcohol. Geotextiles and Geomembranes 46(5): 646–655, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geotexmem.2018.05.001.
- Soltani A, Deng A, Taheri A and Mirzababaei M (2018) Rubber powder–polymer combined stabilization of South Australian expansive soils. Geosynthetics International 25(3): 304–321, https://doi.org/10.1680/jgein.18.00009.
- Soltani A, Deng A and Taheri A (2018) Swell–compression characteristics of a fiber–reinforced expansive soil. Geotextiles and Geomembranes 46(2): 183–189, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geotexmem.2017.11.009.
- Soltani A, Deng A, Taheri A, Sridharan A and Estabragh AR (2018) A framework for interpretation of the compressibility behavior of soils. Geotechnical Testing Journal 41(1): 1–16, https://doi.org/10.1520/gtj20170088.
- Soltani A, Taheri A, Khatibi M and Estabragh AR (2017) Swelling potential of a stabilized expansive soil: a comparative experimental study. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering 35(4): 1717–1744, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10706-017-0204-1.
- Soltani A (2016) Discussion of “Compressibility behavior of soils: a statistical approach” by Syed Iftekhar Ahmed and Sumi Siddiqua [Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, doi: 10.1007/s10706-016-9996-7]. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering 34(5): 1687–1692, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10706-016-0062-2 .
- Estabragh AR, Soltani A and Javadi AA (2016) Models for predicting the seepage velocity and seepage force in a fiber reinforced silty soil. Computers and Geotechnics 75: 174–181, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2016.02.002.
- Soltani A and Estabragh AR (2015) Treatment of expansive soils with quality saline pore water by cyclic drying and wetting. Desert 20(1): 73–82, https://doi.org/10.22059/jdesert.2015.54085.