Considerations for quality teaching practices
Quality teaching practices includes the development or ‘building’ of your learning journey design. Do you know the answer to the following?
Principles of a learning environment
- Do provide a space for your students to work alone, in collaboration, to showcase and to reflect?
Structuring online spaces
- Is your online learning environment easy to navigate and clearly signposted to access learning?
Structuring physical spaces
- Is your physical learning spaces conducive to interactive, collaborative learning?
Quality development practices
- Do you have the teaching skills to create your face-to-face learning activities?
- Do you have the technology skills to create your online learning and teaching activities?
Developing learning content
- Are accessing the online resources already available, or reinventing the wheel?
- Are you creating learning resources that can be used repeatedly or for multiple situations?
Embedding academic resources
- What student academic resources do you provide your students to support their success in learning?
Embedding academic supports
- What student academic services or supports do you link your students with to support their success in learning?
Embedding student supports
- How do you highlight and provide access to the student support services available to your students to support their success in learning?