Gao, David (Prof) - Research
Current research projects/students
- Computational mathematics and mechanics, global optimisation
- Students: James Apap, Elaf Ali, Yi Chen, Xiaojun Zhou
Consulting and other activities
- Logistic and scheduling optimisation, decision and management science
- Computational methods and algorithms for multi-scale computations
- Gao, D.Y., Duality Principles in Nonconvex Systems: Theory, Methods and Applications. Springer, 2000, xviii+454pp.
- Gao, D.Y. and Motreanu, D., Handbook on Nonconvex Analysis and Applications, International Press, 2010, 680pp.
- Cai, K., Gao, D. Y, Qin, Q. H (2014) Postbuckling analysis of a nonlinear beam with axial functionally graded material, J Eng Math DOI 10.1007/s10665-013-9682-1
- Latorre, V. and Gao, D.Y. (2014). Canonical duality for RBF neural networks, Neuralcomputings, 134:189-197
- Ruan, N. and Gao, D.Y. (2014). Global Optimal Solutions to a General Sensor Network Localization Problem, Performance Evaluation, 75-76 (2014) 1-16.
- N. Ruan and D.Y. Gao (2014) Canonical duality approach for non-linear dynamical systems, IMA J. Appl. Math, 79 (2): 313-325. First published online: October 11, 2012 doi:10.1093/imamat/hxs067
- Zhou, X. J, Gao, D. Y, and Yang, C. H (2014). A Canonical Primal-Dual Algorithm for the Fourth-Order Polynomials Minimization, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 227, 15 January 2014, Pages 246-255
- C. Li, D. Y Gao, C Liu, G Chen (2014), Impulsive control for synchronizing delayed discrete complex networks with switching topology. Neural Comput Appl 24;24:59-68.
- C. Wu, D.Y. Gao, and K.L. Teo, A direct optimization method for low group delay FIR filter design, Signal Processing, Volume 93, Issue 7, July 2013, Pages 1764-1772
- C. Li, X. J Zhou and D. Y Gao (2014). Stable trajectory of logistic map. Nonlinear Dynamics
- Gao, D.Y., L. T. Watson, L.T., Easterling, D. R., Thacker, W.I., and S. C. Billups (2013). Solving the canonical dual of box- and integer-constrained nonconvex quadratic programs via a deterministic direct search algorithm. Optim. Methods and Software. 28 (2), pp. 313-326.
- Cai, K., Gao, D. Y, Qin, Q. H (2013). Post-buckling solutions of hyper-elastic beam by canonical dual finite element method, Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids. Published online on 8 May, 2013.
- Morales-Silva, D. and Gao, D. Y. (2013) Complete Solutions and Triality Theory to a Nonconvex Optimization Problem with Double-Well Potential in Rn, Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization, 3(2) 271-282.
See http://sitevm1.federation.edu.au/dgao/papers/paper.html for details
Professional memberships and associations
- International Society of Global Optimization
- Australian Math Society, IEEE
- Simulation and control of complex systems
- Continuum physics
- Non-convex analysis
- Global optimisation
- Operations research
- Information technology
- Computational sciences