Dr David Smith
|Name||Dr David Smith|
- Open Source Drug Discovery
- Fluorescent Sensing Arrays for Environmental or Medicinal Analytes
- Supramolecular Chemistry
- Chemical Education
I am a lecturer in chemistry at the Gippsland campus at Federation University. I completed my PhD at Durham University in the UK. After a postdoctoral position at Newcastle University (UK) I moved to Australia in 2013 to undertake a University of Sydney Gritton Postdoctoral Research Fellowship. Two further postdoctoral appointments followed in Sydney, most recently working with the Open Source Malaria consortium. I moved to Federation University in February 2019.
My research interests span a range of chemistries including supramolecular chemistry, fluorescent sensing, medicinal chemistry, and chemical education.
I teach throughout the chemistry component of the undergraduate degree course covering general first year chemistry through to a focus on organic and medicinal chemistry in the third year course.
- MChem (Hons) Chemistry – Durham University, 2008
- PhD in Chemistry – Durham University, 2012
- SCCHM1001 - Chemistry I
- SCCHM1002 - Chemistry II
- SCCHM2001 - Analytical Techniques
- SCCHM3001 - Medicinal Chemistry
- SCCHM3004 - Organic Chemistry for Drug Design