To be eligible for a government subsidised place students must meet certain eligibility. Any student who does not meet the eligibility criteria will be charged the full fee tuition rate.
To meet the citizenship/residency eligibility requirements, a student must be:
- An Australian citizen; or
- A holder of a permanent visa; or
- A New Zealand citizen
- Not be currently enrolled in or due to commence two or more courses or skill sets as a government subsidised student within the current year.
All new enrolments must provide the following original documents or certified copies to determine eligibility into a government subsidised training place.
To confirm citizenship/residency you must provide ONE of the following original documents or certified copies:
- Australian birth certificate (not birth extract); or
- Current Australian passport; or
- Current New Zealand passport; or
- Naturalisation certificate; or
- Current green Medicare card; or
- Formal documentation issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection confirming permanent residence; or
- A proxy declaration for individuals in exceptional circumstances;
- an Australian citizenship by descent extract
note: The university is required to maintain a copy of this evidence on our files for audit purposes.