Professor Mary Cruickshank
Position: Adjunct Professor, School of Health
- PhD, University of Western Sydney, 2001
- M.Ed.St. Monash University 1991
- B.App.Sci LaTrobe University, 1988
- Health management
- Research Methods
- Research methods
- Organisational culture
- Workforce issues
Current student projects
- The role of nurse practitioners
- Workforce issues surrounding cancer nursing in Australia
- Hope for a peaceful death and organ donation
- The lived experience of patients requiring venous access
- An investigation into the provision of support with Transition to Practice Programs for new graduate nurses’ in rural health settings
- To remain, Migrate Abroad or Resettle: An Exploratory Study of Pakistani Physicians’ Career Decisions
- Nursing care of people with dementia in rural New South Wales
- Being a Psych Nurse: Mental health nurses and others’ perceptions of their professional identity. 2009. Rhonda Wilson. Psychosis among young rural males. Master of Nursing with Honours. UNE. Principal Supervisor.
- The lived experience of health service managers, their perceptions of the health system and the health management role.
- Cross-Cultural Parenting: Experiences of Intercultural Parents and Construction of Culturally Diverse Families.
- An investigation of the management of the International Normalised Ratio (INR) in warfarin therapy during the initial five months of treatment. PhD. UNE, Principal Supervisor.
- Executive registered nurse and non nurse managers in aged care: A postmodern lens in the management of the Australian low band residential aged care sector.
- Food in Hospitals: The Patients’ Perspective.
- The working world of nursing unit managers: The relationship between role, image and organisational power.
- The Social Lives of Rural Nursing Home Residents. PhD. UNE, Principal Supervisor.
- General Hospital Nurses’ Experiences of Patient Aggression in Rural Settings.
- A study of job satisfaction in occupational therapy with particular reference to the role that managers play in influencing job satisfaction.
- The experience of new graduate nurses in rural practice: A phenomenological study.
- Heparin Dosing and Therapeutic Activated Partial Thromboplastin Times.
- Barriers to Caring in Perioperative Nursing.
- Assessing undergraduate clinical competence: Registered nurses’ experiences
- An investigation into the barriers experienced by registered nurses when interpersonally caring for patients’ in general surgical nursing.
Frost, J., Currie, M. & Cruickshank, M. 2015. An integrative review of enablement in primary healthcare. Journal of Primary Care & Community Health. DOI: 10.1177/2150131915598373jpc.sagepub.com
Robinson-Reilly, M., Paliadelis, P. & Cruickshank, M. 2015. Venous access: the patient experience. Supportive Care in Cancer. DOI: 10.1007/s00520-015-2900-9.
Wanaratwichit, C., Hills, D.,Newman, B. & Cruickshank, M. 2015. A Model of Home Based Care for People with Disabilities: Better Practice in Rural Thailand. Asia Pacific Journal of Health Management. 10(2): 44-51.
Lea, J. & Cruickshank, M. 2015. Supporting new graduate nurses making the transition to rural nursing practice: views from experienced rural nurses. Journal of Clinical Nursing. DOI:10.1111/jocn.12890.
Lea, J. & Cruickshank, M. 2014. The support needs of new graduate nurses making the transition to rural nursing practice. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 24(7/8): 948-960.DOI: 10.1111/jocn.12720.
Northam, H., Cruickshank, M. & Hercelinskyj, G. 2014. This is how it’s got to happen. Transplantation Journal of Australasia, 23(1): 9-13.
Doyle, K., Hungerford, C. & Cruickshank, M. 2014. Reviewing Tribunal cases and nurse behaviour: Putting empathy back into nurse education with Bloom’s Taxonomy. Nurse Education Today, 34(7): 1069-1073.
Hercelinskyj,G., Cruickshank, M., Brown, P. & Phillips, B. 2013. Perceptions from the front line: Professional identity in mental health nursing. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, 23(1): 24-32.
Northam, H., Cruickshank, M. & Hercelinskyj, G. 2013. Assumed understandings of ‘organ donation’ conversations. Australian Critical Care, 26(2): 81-82.
Taytiwat, P., Briggs, D., Fraser, J., Minichiello, V. & Cruickshank, M. 2012. Identifying challenges and barriers in the delivery of Primary Health Care at the district level: A study in one Thai Province. International Journal of Health Planning and Management. 28(1): 16-34. DOI: 10.1002/hpm.2118
Briggs, D., Cruickshank, M. & Paliadelis, P. 2012. Health managers and health reform. Journal of Management & Organisation, 18: 641-658. DOI: 10.5172/jmo.2012.18.5.641
Doyle, K. & Cruickshank, M. 2012. Stereotyping stigma: undergraduate health students’ perceptions at handover. Journal of Nursing Education, 51(10):1-7.
Parmenter, G. Cruickshank, M. & Hussain, R. 2011. The social lives of rural Australian nursing home residents, Ageing & Society, 31: 1-25.