Guidelines for student room bookings (Ballarat)
Federation University Arts Academy students are provided with after-hours access via their swipe cards to the following spaces at specific times. There must be a minimum of 2 people in a space after hours for OHS reasons.
Student Computer Lab: (L Building): 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except for the university shutdown period over Christmas/New Year)
Visual Art and Communication Design Studios/spaces. During teaching weeks and swot-vac:
Monday to Friday 8am-10pm. No booking required.
- There must be a minimum of 2 people in a space after hours for OHS reasons.
- Printmaking area – no resetting of presses allowed. No use of toxic materials allowed.
Performing arts spaces. During teaching weeks and swat-vac:
Monday to Friday 8am-10pm (Bookings required)
The designated performing arts spaces for after-hours access are:
- S201 - Movement Studio 1 (not available during productions in HMST)
- S202 - Movement Studio 2 (not available during productions in HMST)
- S203 - Movement Studio 2 (not available during productions in HMST)
- L106 - Secret Room
- L201 - Heaven
- F001 - Masterfood Studio
- Due to COVID 19 restrictions, all students must use the QR codes provided to sign into rooms.
- Students are responsible for touch-point cleaning.
- Bookings cannot be made prior to Orientation Week
- Bookings are limited to 2 hours per booking
- For equity reasons students cannot book spaces in advance for multiple weeks (ie: you cannot book a room for all semester)
- Bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance
- There must be a minimum of 2 people in a space for OHS reasons