Phone: 5122 6122
Room: Office 142, Building 2W, Gippsland Campus
- Master of Health Service Management and Planning (MHSMPlan)
- Bachelor of Health Science (honours) in Nursing (BHSc [Hons])
- Bachelor of Nursing (BN)
- Undergraduate nursing
- Member of Australian College of Nursing (ACN) – 2020-current
- Member of Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM) – 2019-current
- Member of Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) – 2018-current
- Member of Palliative Care Research Network Victoria (PCRNV) – 2017-current
- Member of National Primary Care Collaborative Cancer Clinical Trials Group (PC4) Scientific Committee – 2016-current
- Member of National Palliative Care Clinical Studies Collaborative (PaCCSC) – 2010-current
Palliative and End of Life Care
- Clark K, Lam L, Tally NJ, Watts G, Phillips JL, Byfieldt N, Currow DC. A pragmatic comparative study of palliative care clinician's reports of the degree of shadowing visible on plain abdominal radiographs by. Supportive Care in Cancer. Accepted for publication 25th April 2018 (Manuscript No: JSCC-D-17-01025R1)
- Hourn, M.M., Quinn, R., Waller, A., Boyle, K., Jordan, L.A., Salaris, M., Byfieldt, N., Shaw, L. & Marsden, D. (2017). Exploring current inpatient practice in transitioning people after stroke from acute to palliative care and in advance care planning: The Plan Assess Understand Survival after Stroke (PAUSe after Stroke) Project. International Journal Of Stroke(Vol. 12, Pp. 23-23).
- Clark, K., Willis, A. & Byfieldt, N. (2017). An Observational Study to Explore the Feasibility of Assessing Bereaved Relatives’ Experiences Before and After a Quality Improvement Project to Improve Care of Dying Medical Inpatients. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, 34(3), pp.263-268.
- Clark, K., Lam, L.T., Talley, N.J., Quinn, J., Blight, A., Byfieldt, N. & Currow, D.C. (2016). Assessing the Presence and Severity of Constipation with Plain Radiographs in Constipated Palliative Care Patients. Journal of palliative medicine, 19(6), pp.617-621.
- Clark, K., Curry, T., & Byfieldt, N. (2015). The effect of a care bundle on nursing staff when caring for the dying. International journal of palliative nursing, 21(8).
- Clark, K., & Byfieldt, N. (2015). Improving the quality of care delivered to people imminently dying in hospital by implementing a care bundle: an observational before and after feasibility study. International Journal of Care Coordination, 18(1), 18-26.
- Clark, K., Cain, J., Campbell, L., & Byfieldt, N. (2015). Caring for people dying in acute hospitals: A mixed-methods study to examine relative's perceptions of care. Palliative and Supportive Care, 13(02), 335-343.
- Clark, K., Byfieldt, N., Green, M., Saul, P., Lack, J., & Philips, J. L. (2014). Dying in two acute hospitals: would usual care meet Australian national clinical standards?. Australian Health Review, 38(2), 223-229.
- Clark, K., Hipwell, A., & Byfieldt, N. (2012). A retrospective pilot study to explore the timing of cessation of laxatives before death in a palliative care unit. International journal of palliative nursing, 18(7), 326-30.
- Hosie, A., Fazekas, B., Shelby-James, T., Mills, E., Byfieldt, N., Margitanovic, V., Hunt J., & Phillips, J. (2011). Palliative care clinical trials: how nurses are contributing to integrated, evidence-based care. International journal of palliative nursing, 17(5), 224-230.
- Clark, K., Byfieldt, N., Dawe, M., & Currow, D. C. (2012). Treating Constipation in Palliative Care The Impact of Other Factors Aside From Opioids. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, 29(2), 122-125.