Enrolment for TAFE Students
This information is for new and continuing TAFE students, including apprentices and trainees. If you are a higher education student, visit the new student enrolment page or continuing student re-enrolment page. If you are a new or continuing graduate researcher, contact the Graduate Research School.
Enrolment is open now for new and continuing TAFE students
If you are a new student, you should enrol as soon as possible after accepting your offer and before the start date of your units.
If you are a continuing TAFE student, you should enrol before the timely re-enrolment date of 23 January, or before the start date of your units, whichever is sooner.
1. Complete your TAFE Student and Program Details checklists
Before you can complete your enrolment in my Student Centre, you are required to complete two checklists.
- TAFE Student Details
- TAFE Program Details enrolment checklists.
Complete your TAFE Student and Program Details Checklists to gain access to online enrolment.
The Student Enrolment Checklist will ask you to confirm your personal details and agree to the FedUni Disclaimer for the coming academic calendar. You'll need:
- Your Unique Student Identifier
- Your Victorian Student Number (if you have been enrolled in a Victorian School from 2009)
- Your residential, postal and term-time address. These can be the same, or a different address.
- Your contact details including your personal email and phone number
- Your Emergency contact details including name, personal email and phone number
- Your personal details
- Your prior education details
- Your employment details
The Student Enrolment Checklist is found in myStudentCentre. Login to MyStudentCentre using your Student ID and password. This is the same login you use for Moodle.
If you're using a desktop, click the 'Tasks & Holds' tile on the homepage to access the Checklist
If you're using a smart device, click on 'To Do List' to access it.
For step-by-step instructions on how to complete your Checklist download this guide:
What is a Unique Student Identifier
Your Unique Student Identifier (USI) is your individual education number for life. It also creates an online record of your Australian training achievements.
You need a USI if you are:
- a higher education student seeking Commonwealth Assistance including CSP, HECS-HELP, SA-HELP or FEE-HELP
- a higher education student graduating in 2023 or beyond.
- Undertaking TAFE Nationally Recognised Training
All new students need to provide Federation University with their USI as part of the Student Enrolment Checklist unless studying offshore.
Get a USI
You can get a USI online in just a few minutes. After creating your USI you will receive an email from the Government confirming your USI number.
To create a USI you will need one of the following forms of ID:
- Australian passport
- Non-Australian Passport (with Australian visa)
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian driver's licence
- Medicare card
- Certificate of registration by decent
- Centrelink concession cards
- Citizenship certificate
It is important to know that the name you use when creating your USI must be identical to the name you have used when applying for a Federation University program. This includes your first, middle and surname. An easy way to ensure that you have an identical name in both applications is to use the same form of identification eg: a passport. If you are required to change your legal name with the university, please see the instructions to 'Update your personal details in myStudentCentre' below.
Find your USI
If you've undertaken any registered training since 2015, you may already have a USI.
If you think you already have a USI, or want to check, find your USI here
You will only have a Victorian Student Number if you have been enrolled in a Victorian government or non-government school since 2009. This number is assigned to you by the Department of Education and Training and is unique to each student
2. Enrol into TAFE classes
Before you can complete your enrolment in myStudentCentre, you are required to complete TAFE Student Details and TAFE Program Details enrolment checklist above.
Enrol in all units displayed in your TAFE Shopping Cart.
You'll need to have completed your TAFE Student and Program Details Checklists above to access online enrolment. We've prefilled your units into the TAFE Enrolment Tile so you don't need to find a copy of your course or unit list
Complete your enrolment in myStudentCentre. Login to MyStudentCentre using your Student ID and password. This is the same login you use for Moodle.
We recommend enrolling on a desktop computer.
- Click the 'TAFE Enrolment' tile on the homepage to start enrolling.
- Select 'TAFE Shopping Cart' from the side menu. Your units will appear.
- Review your units and click 'Enrol' to continue
- View your fees confirmation and click 'Confirm'
For step-by-step instructions on how to complete your Enrolment download this guide:
Congratulations, you've completed your enrolment!
If you've completed both steps to enrol - congratulations, and welcome to Federation TAFE.
Look out for a TAFEReady welcome email, and any induction information for your course. You can also request your Student ID card!
Now that you're enrolled, you can download a VET Confirmation of Enrolment using the instructions here. This can be used to provide evidence of your study to Centrelink.