Swapnali Gazula (Dr)
Phone: (03) 5327 6163
- MSc Nursing
- Grad Cert Tertiary Education
- Blended Online Learning and Delivery Fundamentals: teaching online
- Comprehensive nursing
- Clinical practice
- Online teaching
Grants and awards
- Federation Postgraduate Research Scholarship for 2 years ($26,500 annual)
- Trophy for standing first in clinical speciality – Cardiac and Cardiovascular Nursing
- Rotary prize for standing second in MSc Nursing
- Awarded with Trophy for securing First Class in all four years of BSc Nursing
- Innovative teaching – learning
- Medical surgical nursing
- Peer learning
- Clinical skills learning
- Transitioning to practice
- Health literacy
- Systematic patient education pathway for fast track cataract surgery
- Nurses' perceptions towards nurse-initiated defibrillation in the hospital
- The knowledge and attitudes regarding post-operative pain management among nurses in the Cardiac Surgical Adult Intensive Care Unit
Gazula, S., McKenna, L., Cooper, S. & Paliadelis, P. 2017 ‘A systematic review of reciprocal peer tutoring within tertiary health profession educational programs’, Health Professions Education, online version available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hpe.2016.12.001
Chung, C., Cooper, S. J., Cant, R. P., Connell, C., McKay, A., Kinsman, L., Gazula, S. . . Breakspear, T. (2018). The educational impact of web-based and face-to-face patient deterioration simulation programs: An interventional trial. Nurse Education Today, 64, 93-98. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2018.01.037
Cruickshank, M., Paliadelis, P., Gazula, S., & McAllister, M. (2019). The history and evolving image of nursing. In N. Arnott, P. Paliadelis, & M. Cruickshank (Eds.), The road to nursing. Singapore: Cambridge University Press.
Gazula, S. (2017). Nutrition. In R. e. Hill, H. D. e. Hall, P. J. e. Glew, & C. Taylor (Eds.), Fundamentals of nursing and midwifery : a person-centred approach to care (3rd ed., pp. 1030-1072). North Ryde, N.S.W. : Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
Gazula. S. Reviewer for King and Hawley (2014) Australian nurses’ dictionary. 6th Ed
Gazula, S. (2019). Reciprocal peer tutoring in an Australian undergraduate clinical skills setting : A mixed methods study. In: Federation University Australia.
A study to assess the knowledge of and develop a booklet for patients undergoing Exercise Stress Test, 2005.
Gazula, S., Cooper, S., McKenna, L., & Paliadelis, P. (2018). Effect of Reciprocal Peer Tutoring on knowledge, attitudes and peer teaching experience in undergraduate nursing students. Paper presented at the Networking for Education in Healthcare, Cambridge, UK
Gazula, S., Paliadelis, P., Cooper, S., & McKenna, L. (2017a). The impact of Reciprocal Peer Tutoring on student learning in undergraduate nursing laboratories. Paper presented at the Networking for Education in Healthcare, Cambridge, UK.
Gazula, S., Paliadelis, P., Cooper, S., & McKenna, L. (2017b). Implementing Reciprocal Peer Tutoring (RPT) in Laboratory learning of Undergraduate nursing students. Paper presented at the Australasian Nurse Educator Conference, Christ Church, New Zealand.
- Retrospective case file audit of clients with chronic heart disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in the Hospital Admission Reduction Programme, Ballarat Health Services.
- Annotated bibliography on independent learning, University of Ballarat.
- Planned, co-ordinated and conducted various workshops for registered nurses.