This collection, named after Professor Geoffrey Blainey, consists of his own academic research material, kindly donated by him to the Library. Items held in the Blainey collection include Australian historical research, and includes some rare, older items that may also be considered fragile and need special handling.
There are specific guidelines for the use of items from this collection:
- Access will be strictly limited to use within the Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre
- Rare and valuable works may be restricted for use under supervision only;
- Photocopying from Geoffrey Blainey Mining Collection material is restricted to items published after 1900 which will not be likely to suffer from damage or deteriorate if copied. Please check with staff before photocopying.
Location and floorplan
- Ask at the Information Desk, Level 0 (ground floor), Mt Helen campus (E.J. Barker) Library
View the Mt Helen Library Level 0 floorplan (pdf, 322kb)
- Mt Helen campus map (pdf, 977kb)
Items from the Geoffrey Blainey Mining Collection cannot be borrowed from the Library. Items must be used within the Blainey reading room only. To make an appointment to access Geoffrey Blainey Mining Collection material please contact the Library
Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre opening hours
The Geoffrey Blainey Research Centre can be accessed by appointment or during the following hours:
|Tuesday||9.30am – 1.00pm|
|Wednesday||1.00pm – 5.00pm|
|Thursday||1.00pm – 5.00pm|
|Friday||9.30am – 1.00pm|
All campus libraries are open throughout the year but closed on designated University and public holidays, and staff development and planning days. Opening/closing times vary depending on whether it is a semester/term period, an exam/SWOTVAC week or a non-teaching/vacation period. View the Library opening hours, or contact us.