15-minute webinars on library resources for academic staff, 25 January -1 FebruaryPosted: Wednesday 20 January 2021
To assist you in your preparation for teaching for 2021, the Liaison Librarians are presenting a series of 15-minute sessions on library resources, services and tools.
Please select the sessions you would like to attend using this link. A calendar invitation will be sent to you with additional details.
The sessions will cover:
- Subject Guides – See and learn how your Library Subject Guide can be tailored to host further learning materials for your students and support your Moodle content
- Australian Standards – How to find and download Australian Standards
- FedCite for Referencing – An overview of key features and examples of how content can be tailored to support your students
- Streaming Video Databases – A look at some of the key streaming (video) databases available and how to use them e.g. ClickView, Kanopy
- ProQuest e-Books – Maximising the features of ProQuest
- Finding News – Discover how to find local, national and international news content via the library
- Searching using EBSCO Thesaurus – What do “explode” and “focus” do?
- QuickSearch – How to use QuickSearch effectively? Find out about some of the features that will definitely make life easier for you!
- Library Content for Moodle – See how the Library can create tailored content for your Moodle shells to support your students' learning
- Accessing material from other Libraries – Find out about the resources available to you via Bonus+, Document Delivery, and CAVAL/ ULANZ reciprocal borrowing schemes
- Open Educational Resources (OERs) – Student learning resources don't need to be expensive – find out about the growing number of high-quality free resources available online
- Under-used gems in the Library – e-Journal tab, CRAAP test, Finding Journal Articles guide, Ulrich’s periodicals
Important: Did you complete the registration form before 12pm on Monday 11 January and have not yet received any calendar invitations? If so, please re-register as there is a small chance that your contact details were not correctly captured. Apologies for this inconvenience.
Team Leader, Library Learning Services