Financial support

Fed Uni scholarships

We currently offer four Foundation scholarships for care experienced students. This scholarship is open to all Australian students who have been in out-of-home-care for at least 12 months or more. Visit the scholarship page and select the relevant scholarship link to view application form and dates to apply. View a step-by-step guide on the application process for Foundation scholarships.

External financial assistance


CREATE Foundation provide yearly grants to clubCREATE members with a statutory care experience aged 15 - 25 years through the 'CREATE Your Future Grant Scheme'. These grants are for young people who are leaving out-of-home care to help assist them in their transition into independence.

Transition to Independent Living Allowance (TILA)

TILA is a one-off payment from the Australian Government to help young people who are leaving out-of-home care, providing a contribution of up to $1,500 towards the costs involved in moving to independent living.

Visit the TILA website

Home Stretch

Home Stretch provides care-experienced young people with support to transition to adulthood and a place to call home until 21 years of age. The program provides an accommodation allowance, case work support and flexible funding to facilitate the young person’s access to education, employment and health and wellbeing supports.

Further resources

For further resources, tips and hints, visit our financial information and support page.